Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydget for iOS 7 (make LockScreen plugins with HTML and Cycript)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    Good deal, now what would you like to learn about cydgets?
    Nothing now, going to wait on the update to see if it fixes my crashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Nothing now, going to wait on the update to see if it fixes my crashing.
    Cool, i've been running LB with it since yesterday. There is some issues, but no crashes.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Good deal, now what would you like to learn about cydgets?
    I have a few lockscreens where I separated them out into different styles. Nature, cityscapes, space etc. right now they are separate lockscreens even though all the code is the same in them with only the pictures being switched out. I'm thinking cydgets could turn these 5 lockscreens into 1 and just have a switch in settings to choose which themed pictures I would want to use. Little above my head right now though, looks like what you posted a little earlier may be the direction to go in though if I read it right with adding stuff to preferences.

Thanks

Cool, i've been running LB with it since yesterday. There is some issues, but no crashes.
    If you would like, I have the syslog and crash log that had the WebCycriptLockScreen errors. I'd be happy to send them over if u want to see why I can't run Cydget.

Great question.

I would do away with the multiple htmls. You could create a function (small function) that could change these images for you. Without all the loading of other htmls.

Is this something your willing to try (with help) or do you need to use separate htmls?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Simon (2014-02-15), The_Durben (2014-02-16)

I have given an open invitation. What would you like to know?
    Thanks for the offer. But I'm good. I never share anything I make anyway, so it would just be wasted on me. Maybe these other guys have some questions for ya.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

8. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2014-02-15)

If you would like, I have the syslog and crash log that had the WebCycriptLockScreen errors. I'd be happy to send them over if u want to see why I can't run Cydget.
    I'm not to familiar with crash logs from Cydget, but I can post it to Saurik to look at.

I do highly recommend turning off all tweaks then turning them on one by one just to see which one it is. Sometimes even crash logs aren't very descriptive.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Yes sometimes not, but I get cydgets what would you like to learn Grant?
    Thanks for the offer! Let me know. Sometimes I don't know, what i don't know .. so.. give me a sec..

I'm not to familiar with crash logs from Cydget, but I can post it to Saurik to look at.

I do highly recommend turning off all tweaks then turning them on one by one just to see which one it is. Sometimes even crash logs aren't very descriptive.
    Ah.. This post before you just edited it said something about getting rid of the separate htmls. But my first question was more about - the separate HTMLS.. Aren't they helpful? Aren't they one of the key things Saurik is promoting for stability and load reasons?

Thanks

Great question.

I would do away with the multiple htmls. You could create a function (small function) that could change these images for you. Without all the loading of other htmls.

Is this something your willing to try (with help) or do you need to use separate htmls?
    No, don't need the multiple htmls. Would rather use just one if I can. I am familiar with coding options with iwidgets and you said doing a similar thing which cydgets could be possible so I may look into adding a small switch to it in settings to eliminate the need for the 5 separate htmls. Will have to look into it further. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Thanks for the offer! Let me know. Sometimes I don't know, what i don't know .. so.. give me a sec..

Ah.. This post before you just edited it said something about getting rid of the separate htmls. But my first question was more about - the separate HTMLS.. Aren't they helpful? Aren't they one of the key things Saurik is promoting for stability and load reasons?
    It is still there, I didn't edit it. I suggested that because he mentioned having the same code in each html. This is why I recommended getting rid of the htmls and using just this code. Then writing a function to alter the original code, resulting in image changes. Just as the multiple htmls now do.

From what I gather he wants one main html. Just uses the other htmls to load other images.

This would improve performance yes.

Thanks

So June you're not able to read syslogs? And figure out why Krima's crashing?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    No, don't need the multiple htmls. Would rather use just one if I can. I am familiar with coding options with iwidgets and you said doing a similar thing witch cydgets could be possible so I may look into adding a small switch to it in settings to eliminate the need for the 5 separate htmls. Will have to look into it further. Thx
    Yes you have to learn about preference loader. Which even I didn't want to do for so long. It is a simple plist, arranged similar to iWidgets Options.plist.

How to Make a PreferenceLoader iPhone Tweak [Code1] - YouTube

http://iphonedevwiki.net/index.php/PreferenceLoader

Another thing you will need to learn is the code I posted a few pages back. The code is ran in cydget to pull info from this preference loader. Once you do it once you will love it, and if you get stuck just ask
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-02-16 at 12:11 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Simon (2014-02-16), The_Durben (2014-02-16)

Thanks

June, was reading through the links you provided and I saw that guy that uses preference loader for his settings. That is really cool. To toggle on or off certain settings is great. Was just wondering if u will do something similar and if not, why?

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    So June you're not able to read syslogs? And figure out why Krima's crashing?
    I can read crashlogs yes. These are much different then syslogs, but as I mentioned they aren't very descriptive and most of the times don't point to the actual issue.

June, was reading through the links you provided and I saw that guy that uses preference loader for his settings. That is really cool. It toggle on or off certain settings is great. Was just wondering if u will so something similar and if not, why?
    I already have implemented for miWeather.cydget Same thing I am talking about with Simon at the moment.

As far as LockBuilder I will not. I like to have the settings on the Lock Screen in this situation.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-02-16 at 12:10 AM.

Thanks

This would improve performance yes.
    Just to touch on this from a point I made to Saurik about performance with slideshows. Since then I did a few things to fix the issues I was having then. The slideshow code I had was causing all images to be loaded at once at the beginning with the rest of the widget. So first I added in progressively loading pictures which greatly improved the initial load time of the LS. I then went a bit further and with Dacals help got his slideshow code working with mine so I'm good with load times now. Alleviated somewhat some of the loading issue I have with cydget. I still like that's it's always just there with GL and LTML but using cydgets isn't a hindrance to me in terms of this anymore with my lock screens (some versions of Uniaw still can take ages to load though). Still wish cydgets could remember which LS I left it at when turning screen back on. That would be something Saurik would have to do on his end though right? I guess it would be a way of dynamically altering the lock cydget order from the lockscreen itself based upon which lockscreen the user last had running when the screen turned off.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (2014-02-16)

Thanks

June I just emailed you from Cydia about ConceptLS. U still crediting people for the iOS 7 version for those that purchased the iOS 6 one?

Thanks

Yes you have to learn about preference loader. Which even I didn't want to do for so long. It is a simple plist, arranged similar to iWidgets Options.plist.

How to Make a PreferenceLoader iPhone Tweak [Code1] - YouTube

http://iphonedevwiki.net/index.php/PreferenceLoader

Another thing you will need to learn is the code I posted a few pages back. The code is ran in cydget to pull info from this preference loader. Once you do it once you will love it, and if you get stuck just ask
    Thanks, definitely will check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Just to touch on this from a point I made to Saurik about performance with slideshows. Since then I did a few things to fix the issues I was having then. The slideshow code I had was causing all images to be loaded at once at the beginning with the rest of the widget. So first I added in progressively loading pictures which greatly included the initial load time of the LS. I then went a bit further and with Dacals help got his slideshow code working with mine so I'm good with load times now. Alleviated somewhat some of the loading issue I have with cydget. I still like that's it's always just there with GL and LTML but using cydgets isn't a hindrance to me in terms of this anymore with my lock screens (some versions of Uniaw still can take ages to load though). Still wish cydgets could remember which LS I left it at when turning screen back on. That would be something Saurik would have to do on his end though right? I guess it would be a way of dynamically altering the lock cydget order from the lockscreen itself based upon which lockscreen the user last had running when the screen turned off.
    For it to work on all lockscreens yes. This is something he would have to add. For your slideshow lockscreen, we could create a function that keeps up with where your slideshow is (which image). Therefore when you opened up the screen again it could start from there.

Things like uniAW would be a lot more difficult to keep up where it stopped. As far as uniAW loading times, this could be fixed "somewhat" by splitting code between the two layers that cydgets provide. With that being said uniAW is one of the biggest Lockscreens/Code you can run.

I do see this as a feature that could be added (caching). For example if you're in LockBuilder and adjusting colors, your screen goes dim. Then you would have to open the menu again and go to colors.

One thing I do like about not having this, is you are guaranteed a fresh load of a lockscreen. This I believe is a lot better, than it caching what it was doing.

June I just emailed you from Cydia about ConceptLS. U still crediting people for the iOS 7 version for those that purchased the iOS 6 one?
    Already added
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-02-16 at 12:22 AM.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Krima (2014-02-16), Simon (2014-02-16), The_Durben (2014-02-16)

Thanks

Thank you June. Enjoying these civil exchanges. Though, I do like a little ***** slapping every now and again.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2014-02-16), NewD (2014-02-16), The_Durben (2014-02-16)

Thanks

Now there's collaboration happening! Thanks, June... & all.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2014-02-16)

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast