Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 210

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Cydget for iOS 7 (make LockScreen plugins with HTML and Cycript)

  1. #61
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,710
    Thanks
    8,338
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    Built in lockscreen no timeout button, you can add to your lockscreen when using cydgets

    html
    StopTimer

    javascript/cycript

    functions stoptimer(){
    [[SBBacklightController sharedInstance] cancelLockScreenIdleTimer]
    }
    Do you not see the power here?
    NO! We 'don't' see the power..... And that's the point Simon, King, Krima, MamaJaay and many more "modders" here are making. What you wrote there was GREEK.. for most of us. Just because you're a great coder, June - doesn't mean the rest of us have time to learn this level of new coding..

    Now a word in yours and Saurik's defense, June.. By way of analogy.. About 16 years ago the copper line workers for Verizon realized the company was going to go all fiber-optic. The copper wire Union demanded that Verizon keep developing for copper. Verizon said the only thing they could say: No! And they offered all the copper wire guys/gals a nice early retirement.

    Life lesson: sometimes you just have to relearn some stuff - even if it's a hobby. Or just retire and let the newer guys code. Even JavaScript itself will be replaced in the next couple of years by something way better. If we want our phones modded we'll just need to learn the new code. No way around it.. For 5 generations of iPhone firmwares we've relied on Saurik's WB.. Simple.. Been a nice run. He really doesn't owe us anything to keep it "the old way". If he were more attentive to our needs that would be great.. But he owes us nothing. HTML5 (or whatever the newest hottest coding platform is these days) is the future. Can't hold back the devs.

    Saurik - please help at least get the bugs fixed and give us SOME of what we're asking for in features, in Cydgets. Cydia makes you a nice 'extra income' - you do OWE us 'something', bro.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-02-15 at 10:07 PM.

  2. #62
    Greek maybe, but i'm here to explain further. Now where are they? Not saying it is greek, nor asking for help. Only you speaking for them.

    They are very active on this forum so I don't see where this not having time is an issue. They live here everyday. They had to learn Javascript and HTML that was once greek to them. Are they sick of learning? Advancing there knowledge? I dunno, just the points that are made here are a misunderstanding of what cydget is in my honest opinion. Seems they want cydget to code it for them.

    I am not a "Brilliant Coder" I really do feel this is a shot taken at me. I am no way shape or form a brilliant coder. So please stop saying that. I read, I learn, I put it into action, and also try to help others that don't understand. maybe a good coder, but brilliant was totally the wrong word.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

    pioneer88 (2014-02-15)

  4. #63
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,710
    Thanks
    8,338
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    I am not a "Brilliant Coder" I really do feel this is a shot taken at me. I am no way shape or form a brilliant coder. So please stop saying that. I read, I learn, I put it into action, and also try to help others that don't understand. maybe a good coder, but brilliant was totally the wrong word.
    Not trying to make you feel uncomfortable, June. But what you don't realize when you're young is that 'new math' which is all coding really is -- is a lot easier for the mind to grasp.. And I'm not saying that all the people I mentioned are 'old'.. But read my analogy in my last post again.. The copper workers were fired and accepted the early retirement because THEY UNDERSTOOD that they were 'BEYOND' the point where they could LEARN fibre optics. Now I DO believe many here will improve their skills and learn and read more.. But you're making something out to be 'easy' - that's 'easy' for a young logical brain like yours. I can barely program my TV remote anymore it's gotten so damned complicated.

    I will stop calling you 'brilliant' coder. But you have to to realize - you ARE a CODER.. Most here are not. They 'dabble' in code. Know enough to get by. That's not being A CODER. Most here are 'modders'.. like me. I can take code that's been written already and ADAPT it. That's 'modding'. Now - thanks to MANY people's help - mostly Ian/Dacal/Drifter/MamaJaay/BombMom/Durben - I can write my 'own code' from scratch. But only for the things I need to do. There are still many commands that are Greek to me - that even reading about it - doesn't make me a 'coder'.

    Don't want this to be another LOOOONG Grant post.. I'm done..

    You just, unfortunately conclude, that because it's EASY to 'YOU' - that it's easy for all. Or that we all have the time in our day - that YOU do to learn/master this stuff. You need to realize that and not 'talk down to' the rest of us as if we're idiots. I don't think you mean to - but that's how it comes across sometimes. And "I", of ALL people, know about condescension..

  5. #64
    I am 30 Grant, I really don't see me as a young mind. This is my hobby, my passion, my job. Something I love to do. I posted the most basic HTML5 and the most basic Obj-c. Nothing that I posted should be greek, if it is speak up. Its not complicated math, basic functions that all coders use. Thats the magic behind cydget/cycript anyone that knows HTML/Javascript can pick it up and run with it.

    If you don't know HTML/Javascript then yes it will be greek, but some who have posted have many products selling in the cydia store. Did they just copy someone else's code and move css? If they did then they should know they need to learn the language they are using. For their self and users using there products. I for one did, and i'm sure you can tell.

    I'm just tired of this working against each other. Its pointless and good for no one.

  6. #65
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,710
    Thanks
    8,338
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

    I don't see anyone working "against" anyone else.. We're just in a time if transition in the coding world. iOS 7 has made things harder than they were in 6. We knew this was coming.

    Don't forget I backed yours and Saurik's posture in all this in my first post.. I see your side of it. Just be patient with your customers and with those that need to catch up their coding skills.

  7. #66
    Well Grant, I see everyone here working against Saurik's idea of what Cydget is. Am I wrong in this?

    Main reason I posted, is I in a way see his idea of cydget more than those who have posted(in my opinion). Mostly because I have researched a lot. Things that Simon posted shows he doesn't truly understand cydget. I tried to clarify this. He bashed him, King bashed him, you said he owed you/us something. This is what I mean by working together and not against each other.

  8. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    If you don't want to read, ask questions. As you see i'm here all the time. I do not mind live helping you learn some of these techniques. I know a lot, but not all. I don't talk about code with others, and would like to do so. Just ask instead of hating. I really don't get it.
    I'd love to discuss code and learn from you, but you do not make yourself approachable at all.

    Please tell me who is hating on you now?

    I bashed Saurik because I said he needs to realize that this is a hobby?
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 2014-02-15 at 11:05 PM.

    Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

  9. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I'd love to discuss code and learn from you, but you do not make yourself approachable at all.

    Please tell me who is hating on you now?

    I bashed Saurik because I said he needs to realize that this is a hobby?
    I have given an open invitation. What would you like to know?

  10. #69
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    48,875
    Thanks
    8,108
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

    I understand cydgets just fine. I get it. I can't code for it like you can but that doesn't mean I don't understand what it is capable of. I do know what I am currently capable of right now and groovylock and lockhtml3 suit me better. Year from now who knows what I'll know and what I'll be capable of. I'm just trying to let Saurik know what people want from cydgets, not what he wants them to want. It's his platform he can code it and portray it how he likes. But unless he addresses some of the issues and wants people have put forward here and other places it will not be my first choice as a lockscreen platform. That is my choice and I am entitled to it without being made to feel like I am stupid and just don't understand it.

  11. #70
    I say this because you said add a switch for hiding things. Do you not think that will conflict if I added things to do the same as this switch. Therefore he will be taking features away from me to satisfy you, not wanting to code it.

    I never said you were stupid, just as I never said anyone that don't know code is stupid. If you feel stupid by my remark, then it may be a self esteem issue. Also Saurik has already addressed your issues once in this thread.


    Some links from reddit

    http://www.reddit.com/r/iOSthemes/co...auriks_cydget/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/iOSthemes/co...screens_media/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/iOSthemes/co...omize_with_16/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/iOSthemes/co...et_cydgetvars/

    Actually I don't think we will see him anymore in here, just due to how this thread has continued. He does post a lot on reddit though. A lot less well cockiness for lack of better words. or maybe less misunderstandings on what he says.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-02-15 at 11:19 PM.

  12. #71
    Livin' the Dream Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    3,825
    Thanks
    4,960
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

    To learn from someone they need to be approachable and not preacher, insulting, and condescending. King, myself, and a few others have a circle that we share info and projects with one another. This has been the most fun I have ever had in this community. This is true because no one condescends. This fosters an environment of creativity and encouragement.

    June, you mention that you are here to help but I'm telling you man, you are not easy to approach. You are like that Professor that says there is no stupid questions but then tells someone that that's a stupid question. I believe your intentions are good and I think what you do is great. I love that you are pushing the boundaries with what people may think a widget can do. With that being said, you are too damn sensitive. I have genuinely tried to take your suggestions to heart. But I can't suggest anything without you thinking it's an attack. I say you are a great coder and u think I am insulting you. Too sensitive man. With each new product you release, I am going to wonder if this has weather walls or an updated UNIAW or GPS. But if I mention it u attack me.

    You say you want to work together and not against and I think that would be great. The way for that to work is there needs to be more of a dialogue and not just, "That's stupid and no one wants it so stop asking me and leave me alone". If King, Durben, or Jake had that attitude we wouldn't have WW or the amazing NextGenUI. To this day, Jake is adding features that people are requesting and because of this attitude we have D1's awesome Emmiter theme. I'm sorry if it seems like I was attacking you, that's not my intent. The more open the dialogue the more we can understand each other. Shutting that down makes it impossible to work with one another.
    Last edited by Krima; 2014-02-15 at 11:24 PM.

  13. #72
    This group King, Krima, Simon. All may say i'm harder to approach maybe it was because of the disrespect I got from Widgets Weather. Ever think of that? You still everytime I release something ask about WidgetWeather. This is why you get the remark you get. Still don't use it and still not going to use it. My choice. You are not the only ones in this community, so to say i'm hard to approach is only your thought, not others.

    This isn't even about me, so I wish we could continue on Cydget. Which is why you're hear right? Clean slate you need help with cydgets i'm here.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-02-15 at 11:30 PM.

  14. #73
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,710
    Thanks
    8,338
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    Well Grant, I see everyone here working against Saurik's idea of what Cydget is. Am I wrong in this?
    Well - that's not what you said. You changed it a little. You said it 'generally'. Yes. Saurik has to give a little to meet the needs of the community. All devs do or we just start giving them bad press and hurt their sales. That's the way it is in the real world.
    ....he (Simon) bashed him, King bashed him, you said he owed you/us something. This is what I mean by working together and not against each other.
    Sharing opinions/needs isn't bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I bashed Saurik because I said he needs to realize that this is a hobby?
    This is not bashing at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    But unless he addresses some of the issues and wants people have put forward here and other places it will not be my first choice as a lockscreen platform.
    This is key to understanding the tension - moving forward. In iOS6 we had two LockScreen playing platforms: WinterBoard and LockHTML3 (well Cydgets was new).. And you could place a LS mod in WB or LH3 and NO different coding was necessary. So a person's choice of LS-playing platform was as simple as WHICH ADDITIONAL FEATURES you liked better. From the moment Cydgets hit the scene and now for ALL LS-playing platforms in iOS7 there is conflict in the base code itself. Touch or no touch? So right now there's a 'war' for which platform will win the EASE of the user and the modder. This wasn't the case in iOS6.
    Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    I say this because you said add a switch for hiding things. Do you not think that will conflict if I added things to do the same as this switch. Therefore he will be taking features away from me to satisfy you, not wanting to code it.
    Just because a feature is added to the 'LS-player' itself doesn't mean than it takes it WAY from you, June. It just means that YOU don't have to put the code in your locks. It's already automatic. NOW - if you're saying that by placing something in Cydgets that Simon wants would STOP your LS from functioning the way you want to sell it - that's a different story. Then would agree with your point more.

    If you feel stupid by my remark, then it may be a self esteem issue.
    This is an example of your 'condescending' remarks you can sometimes make. If someone said this to you, in that way - you'd say some choice words to them, bro.. .. Please don't make comments like that. They make you sound like you think you're a therapist for Simon or something. If you can't see it - well -- that would be unfortunate. We have a lot to learn from you - but no one wants to be treated, in words, the way you worded that sentence. It has 'zero' to do with self-esteem either.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-02-15 at 11:33 PM.

  15. #74
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    48,875
    Thanks
    8,108
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

    Honestly man I'm tired of it all. I know Sauriks views and yours, as you said he made it clear to me earlier in the thread. If that's how he wants cydgets to be then that's fine. I'm am only trying to convey that keeping it this way will hinder mainstream acceptance. Just the way the world works, people will always gravitate to the easier and faster as opposed to the harder and more complicated, regardless of the end results or what shortcuts are needed to get there. He may be perfectly fine with that and that's cool. Won't change my opinion or my preference.

    Never said you called me stupid. Don't really want to touch on things like that anymore. Would much rather keep things professional in here and on the rest of MMi between us. I am hopeful all of us can work together on whatever comes in the future instead of against each other. The things I am currently working on I try to make compatible with all of the lockscreen platforms, cydgets included. I want to be able to give that same choice I have to everyone who would want to use anything that I make.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    June'sIphone (2014-02-15), NewD (2014-02-15)

  17. #75
    Livin' the Dream Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    3,825
    Thanks
    4,960
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

    That's a fair point June and I'm truly sorry that you felt insulted with WW. Can you let that go and try to move past that? I know we are not the only people in this community but I mentioned what I mentioned because you said that you would rather work together than against.
    I said what I said not based on impressions or emotions but quantifiable exchanges. At some point, we all just need to let the past go and try and forge a new relationship.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    June'sIphone (2014-02-15), NewD (2014-02-15)

  19. #76
    Does no one notice that this "Group" is the only one here posting paragraphs? Geez i'm done, like I said you need help with cydgets i'm here, no longer replying to this nonsense.

    If you all stayed on topic your feelings wouldn't be hurt. Just Saying......

  20. #77
    Livin' the Dream Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    3,825
    Thanks
    4,960
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

    No ones feelings are hurt. Just saying.

  21. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    No ones feelings are hurt. Just saying.
    Good deal, now what would you like to learn about cydgets?

  22. #79
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,710
    Thanks
    8,338
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    If you all stayed on topic your feelings wouldn't be hurt. Just Saying......
    Sometimes you truly don't get it, bro. But thanks for your offer of help.

  23. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Sometimes you truly don't get it, bro. But thanks for your offer of help.
    Yes sometimes not, but I get cydgets what would you like to learn Grant?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •