Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydget for iOS 7 (make LockScreen plugins with HTML and Cycript)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Lockbuilder is in cydia, easy enough to get get a copy
    Is it? It doesn't work on iOS 7.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-03-17)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-03-17), Krima (2014-03-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    You forgot the "for" lol.
    Are u kidding me? It says Lockbuilder iOS 7. Lol.

No worries, have a few cydgets to test out with Convergance. Thanks by the way for sending me a bunch that u did. Excited about this new feature from Matt.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-03-17), Simon (2014-03-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

I am guessing one was for iOS6 (the one your screenshot showed) and the one with the "for" in the title is the one for iOS 7. Not sure why they aren't linked though.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-03-17), Krima (2014-03-17)

iPhone? More like MyPhone FlameClad's Avatar
    Thanks

This seems like a good reference site for cydgets and lockscreens

Verticals Android Homescreen by peszek - MyColorscreen

Quote Originally Posted by FlameClad View Post

No it's not.

This is a thread for discussing the workings and issues of Cydget. Not for advertising.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone FlameClad's Avatar
    Thanks

So... Developers of cygets don't need reference materials for creative projects? My post has nothing to do with an advertisement...

I mean, if your opinion is that none of the widgets on that site look cool, that's up to you. Lol.

So... Developers of cygets don't need reference materials for creative projects? My post has nothing to do with an advertisement...

I mean, if your opinion is that none of the widgets on that site look cool, that's up to you. Lol.
    Sorry, I misunderstood your link.

My apologies.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Thanks! I will share this in the LB thread. I've seen a lot of MyColorScreen lockscreens created with LockBuilder. It's nice to see things like battery % and notification values on iPhone Lockscreen, really gives it life!
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-03-18 at 09:10 AM.

Thanks

@June or anyone,
    I know there is the notificationlist option that can be added to the info.plist which when enabled makes the notification view clear (although does take touch away from bottom half of screen). From what I have been reading it looks like css can be applied to this as well. Been trying to figure out how but come up empty so far. Do you know how this can be achieved?

edit: nvmd, think I figured it out, got the widget I am running to blur when a notification pops up.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-06-02), Krima (2014-06-01)

Thanks

@June or anyone,
    I know there is the notificationlist option that can be added to the info.plist which when enabled makes the notification view clear (although does take touch away from bottom half of screen). From what I have been reading it looks like css can be applied to this as well. Been trying to figure out how but come up empty so far. Do you know how this can be achieved?

edit: nvmd, think I figured it out, got the widget I am running to blur when a notification pops up.
    Simon, does that mean u can see your cydget underneath your notifications (blurred) or is it your set lock wallpaper that u see?

Thanks

Yup, I see the cydget underneath and when a notification comes up it blurs the parts of the cydget I want it to. Eg: ImageUploadedByModMyi1401670026.965171.jpg

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Krima (2014-06-02), Splatty79 (2014-06-02)

Thanks

Yup, I see the cydget underneath and when a notification comes up it blurs the parts of the cydget I want it to. Eg: ImageUploadedByModMyi1401670026.965171.jpg
    Thats awesome! Would you be able to help me with that? Cheers

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Splatty79 For This Useful Post:

Simon (2014-06-02)

Thanks

Ya sure. It would have to be a cydget that doesn't require touch on that part of the screen though. Doing this takes everything from that top line just under the clock down and puts it In front of the cydget. So only cydgets that have a basic touch screen anywhere function for something to happen (like a forecast popping up) would work with doing this.

Thanks

Ya sure. It would have to be a cydget that doesn't require touch on that part of the screen though. Doing this takes everything from that top line just under the clock down and puts it In front of the cydget. So only cydgets that have a basic touch screen anywhere function for something to happen (like a forecast popping up) would work with doing this.
    pm sent thanks

Thanks

To get the blurred notification screen:

In info.plist add this:

Code:
    <key>NotificationList</key>
    		<string>YES</string>
    In html add this:

Code:
    <script type='text/cycript'> 

function unlocking(){
    setTimeout(function(){unlockphone()}, 100);

}

function unlockphone(){

[^ void () { [[SBLockScreenManager sharedInstance] _finishUIUnlockFromSource:1 withOptions:1] } performSelectorOnMainThread:@selector(invoke) withObject:nil waitUntilDone:NO]

}

function controldim(){
     [[SBBacklightController sharedInstance] preventIdleSleepForNumberOfSeconds:25]
    }

function stopdim(){
     [[SBBacklightController sharedInstance] cancelLockScreenIdleTimer]
    }

function dim(){
           [[SBBacklightController sharedInstance] resetLockScreenIdleTimer]
    }

</script>
    <style>
    @media (-cydget-notification-list) {
    #wrap { 
    -webkit-filter: blur(7px);
    }}
    </style>
    And then in the main part of your html add the #wrap div enclosing whatever parts of your cydget that you want to blur when notifications are visible.
    I chose everything except the clock and date. There is also a bit there to delay the lockscreen dim that MJ taught me a while back.

Here's my example cydget for this: download

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-06-02), NewD (2014-06-02), RKO1195 (2014-06-03), Splatty79 (2014-06-02)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Nice piece of coding, Simon! Well done!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Simon (2014-06-02)

Default Javascript Interaction Between Background & Foreground
    Does anyone know if it is possible to have javascript in the foreground HTML interact with elements in the background HTML or vice versa? I am working on a Cydget with a wallpaper that changes according to JS. I can make it work putting it all in the foreground HTML, but it would be cleaner if the wallpaper were in the background HTML. I need touch and other elements of the foreground, so I can't put it all in the background HTML, but I don't want to have to duplicate the JS in both foreground and background either. I know I can use local storage to pass variables between the two, but that gets kind of clunky because of the timing of when each page loads, so the best solution would be if the JS in one page could just set elements in the other page. Can it be done? Are the two pages part of the same DOM at some level?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to rachael7 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-09-17)

Quote Originally Posted by rachael7 View Post
    Does anyone know if it is possible to have javascript in the foreground HTML interact with elements in the background HTML or vice versa? I am working on a Cydget with a wallpaper that changes according to JS. I can make it work putting it all in the foreground HTML, but it would be cleaner if the wallpaper were in the background HTML. I need touch and other elements of the foreground, so I can't put it all in the background HTML, but I don't want to have to duplicate the JS in both foreground and background either. I know I can use local storage to pass variables between the two, but that gets kind of clunky because of the timing of when each page loads, so the best solution would be if the JS in one page could just set elements in the other page. Can it be done? Are the two pages part of the same DOM at some level?

The two pages are completely separate DOMs as far as I know. LocalStorage/Cookie would be the simplest way.

A better way (imo) would be to write any variables you have to a plist or text file, with the foreground.html.

Then load the variables from the plist/text to background.html.

The issue with this is if you want the background.html to update when you changed the foreground.html. That would require you to refresh the background.html or refresh a function pertaining to pulling the variables from a plist.

Only way (I think) to get past this is to have a function constantly checking in the background.html. Say you set a timestamp. If the timestamp changes then the code would refresh the background.html. It would work, but then you have a function that runs constantly.

Another option (Although I am still unclear what kind of variable you are setting base64 image, or just a specific set of names) would be to create a settings bundle where the user could set the variable from the settings.app. Once they go back to the lockscreen it would load the plist created from the preference bundle and the wallpaper they selected.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-09-16 at 11:22 PM.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

rachael7 (2014-09-17)

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    The two pages are completely separate DOMs as far as I know. LocalStorage/Cookie would be the simplest way.

A better way (imo) would be to write any variables you have to a plist or text file, with the foreground.html.
    When the page loads, load the variables from the plist/text to background.html.

The issue with this is if you want the background.html to update when you changed the foreground.html. That would require you to refresh the background.html or refresh a function pertaining to pulling the variables from a plist.

Only way (I think) to get past this is to have a function constantly checking in the background.html. Say you set a timestamp. If the timestamp changes then the code would refresh the background.html. It would work, but then you have a function that runs constantly.

Another option (Although I am still unclear what kind of variable you are setting base64 image, or just a specific set of names) would be to create a settings bundle where the user could set the variable from the settings.app. Once they go back to the lockscreen it would load the plist created from the preference bundle and the wallpaper they selected.
    Thanks for the reply, June. The trouble is, I want to do exactly what you said creates an issue - change the background based on changes in the foreground. I can move the event-causing JS to the background, but I still have the same problem, since there are elements in the foreground that need to change as well. The only solution I came up with was pretty much what you said - store the information in local storage or a plist file and have a JS in the background page poll periodically to see if it has changed. It isn't a whole lot of overhead to poll every second or two, but I just hate using JS that way, just feels wrong to leave a loop running like that. I guess I was hoping that maybe one page was the parent of the other or that there could be some local equivalent of cross-site scripting. Probably too much to hope for from a lockscreen.

As long as I have you here June, I had another question for you. I've been playing around with the GPS in my LS, based on the code you published - great work sussing out those commands, btw! Anyway, at first it didn't work at all - was returning null. But then, I got an incoming phone call, and at exactly that moment, I finally got asked for permission for the lockscreen to use GPS. Once I gave it permission, your code worked great, just as expected, with no changes required. In the settings app, the lockscreen now shows up in location services as "CoreLocation.framework" with no icon. I've been studying the dumped headers for CLLocation, trying to figure out how to get the permissions prompting right and give the package a name in the settings app, but so far, no joy. Have you had any luck there?

For other folks, I noticed a curious behavior of Cydget relative to crashes. When I ported June's miWeather lockscreen to Cydget, it crashed Springboard constantly, like every time a notification came in or the phone rang. But when I rewrote the Info.plist to make notifications not come up on top, the problem went away completely. I also enabled Cycript in the plist at the same time, so I suppose that could have had some effect; but since miWeather doesn't use any Cycript, it seems unlikely. Anyway, I just thought it might be worth mentioning for people that have been having trouble with Cydget causing crashes.

Anyone using the Audible app? For some reason it does not seem to get along well on my phone, frequent crashes. I don't know if its just bugs in the Audible app or if it is somehow related to the JB, but it seems to happen at times when I would expect an Activator event to fire, near as I can tell.
    Last edited by rachael7; 2014-09-16 at 11:44 PM.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast