Page 83 of 254 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 5066

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS7x Theme GUIDE

The best times were when Redsn0w allowed to restore to stock iOS. Latest it allowed for that was on iOS 5 though.
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

dsg (2014-03-09), Jato_BZ (2014-03-09), King_O_Hill (2014-03-09)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    I already expressed my point of view for the first part of my quote of you, and regarding the second part I quoted :
    Whatever applies to you for ONE tweak (libhide in this particular case), doesn't make it AN UNIVERSAL RULE for any device with that tweak installed.
    Still not sure I follow you totally Frogman.. but I generally agree with you.. about the no universal rules angle.. We sure have seen some weird conflicting reports since 7..

But on the other hand, when you're doing testing.. if an alleged bug is a "real" bug- what's "universally true" is that it's reproducible by others on same firmware and phone model given same conditions. This wasn't happening ( icons randomly disappearing) with libhide for pretty much anyone - so that means we can conclude libhide itself isn't buggy. In fact it's been one of the most stable pieces of code through 3 firmwares now.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-09)

What makes you assume it doesn't cause apps to disappear 'for pretty much anyone' ?

I've had the issue too, although I can't say if it's libhide causing it either. What us four provided is a way to disable it (so as to help target the culprit tweak, if any), none of us said libhide is the one.

See, you saying libhide can't cause this issue because you too have it without the same app disappearance occurring, would be like me stating it actually is libhide because I have libhide installed here as well and my iPad shows the same signs.
    Last edited by Alfroggy; 2014-03-10 at 02:07 AM.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

dsg (2014-03-10), Jato_BZ (2014-03-10), Krima (2014-03-10)

WOW! boys I am so glad I've gotten to know y'all!! the info y'all provide & possibilities are amazing! I can learn so much in here from y'all!

thanx

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Boots For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-10), dsg (2014-03-10), Jato_BZ (2014-03-10), NewD (2014-03-10), SHARON1O (2014-03-10)

Thanks

What makes you assume it doesn't cause apps to disappear 'for pretty much anyone' ?

I've had the issue too, although I can't say if it's libhide causing it either. What us four provided is a way to disable it (so as to help target the culprit tweak, if any), none of us said libhide is the one.

See, you saying libhide can't cause this issue because you too have it without the same app disappearance occurring, would be like me stating it actually is libhide because I have libhide installed here as well and my iPad shows the same signs.
    I hear you Froggy.. I guess I just want you to accept that there ARE ways, with careful variable-controlled testing, to conclusively discern where the bugs are and what's responsible for what behavior. You okay with that statement, bro?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-10), Jato_BZ (2014-03-10)

Yeah of course I am, man !

Thanks

Yeah of course I am, man !
    Great! Thanks! Hey, do you have any recollection of what stopped the disappearing apps for you? For me it was all about Gridlock + HomeScreenDesigner. They don't get along. I can do everything with HSD that Gridlock offers - including overriding Apple's icon order per page - so I ditched Gridlock. Disappearing icon problem gone forever.

(my 8000th post... damn.. I talk alot... )

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-10)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Congratulations on your post count, Grant !
    Great! Thanks! Hey, do you have any recollection of what stopped the disappearing apps for you? For me it was all about Gridlock + HomeScreenDesigner. They don't get along. I can do everything with HSD that Gridlock offers - including overriding Apple's icon order per page - so I ditched Gridlock. Disappearing icon problem gone forever.
    Nope, I still get it at times.
    There were several occasions when these apps were originally docked or in folders before the went in limbo. Perhaps this plays a role there.
    Happened a lot to me on iOS 7/+
    Let's hope 7.1 jailbreak comes not too far away (I shouldn't start this conversation with you on that subject now that we settled to an agreement again ) )

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (2014-03-10)

verbal diarrhoea, bro!!!!
    privacy isn't about having something to hide, another view here

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (2014-03-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,597 Times in 2,161 Posts

Let's hope 7.1 jailbreak comes not too far away (I shouldn't start this conversation with you on that subject now that we settled to an agreement again ) )
    Really? My thoughts are u wont see a 7.1JB...or i mean a public 7.1JB! Especially with iOS8 Beta being seeded in June(as per previous yrs!). It would or could be a waste!?

We had that marvellous restore/jailbreak/restore window for almost 3months!

But I could be wrong!

We will see!!!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

dsg (2014-03-10), NewD (2014-03-10)

Thanks

Lol!! I'm with Jato (and most other students of jailbreak history) on this one.. Ain't no 7.1 JB coming.. They won't blow exploits on it with 8 beta right around corner.. Some hot shot on the side might try it and even succeed - and that could make us a whole lot more stable with the WebView bug fixed. Still doubt a 7.1JB is coming.

My biggest concern is the disinterest on the part of major devs to get us "HTML behind the icons on SB" back again.. That and 80% of UI themeing no longer possible are the biggest buzz kills to being jailbroken on iOS 7.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-10), Boots (2014-03-10), Jato_BZ (2014-03-10), SHARON1O (2014-03-10)

Yep. Hard times.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

dsg (2014-03-10), NewD (2014-03-10), SHARON1O (2014-03-10)

iOS will become sterile and then dead if the jailbreaks dry up

edit: iOS is becoming a bleak future
    Last edited by dsg; 2014-03-10 at 10:51 AM.
    privacy isn't about having something to hide, another view here

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-10), Jato_BZ (2014-03-10), NewD (2014-03-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,597 Times in 2,161 Posts

Agreed 7X is a sure sign of this...
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-10), dsg (2014-03-10), NewD (2014-03-10)

Thanks

I am actually considering buying a Nexus android device (pure Android - not the faux Android on Samsung crap) to start playing with the functionality of; taking the time to learn how we can bring JavaScript widgets over into that world. Never having to worry about a jailbreak ever again is pretty enticing. And with AT&T's newest version of the family plan each new phone you add to the service literally only adds $15 a month and then you share 10 GB of data between any number of phones on the plan. So for $15 a month I get another phone to play with and see if I can actually get to living in the Android world.

Do any of you know if UI is easier to get at in the android world for theming? I know widgets are possible I just don't know if theming is possible.

I am actually considering buying a Nexus android device (pure Android - not the faux Android on Samsung crap) to start playing with the functionality of; taking the time to learn how we can bring JavaScript widgets over into that world. Never having to worry about a jailbreak ever again is pretty enticing. And with AT&T's newest version of the family plan each new phone you add to the service literally only adds $15 a month and then you share 10 GB of data between any number of phones on the plan. So for $15 a month I get another phone to play with and see if I can actually get to living in the Android world.

Do any of you know if UI is easier to get at in the android world for theming? I know widgets are possible I just don't know if theming is possible.
    I'm not sure what artist would be crazy enough to theme an Android phone. There are like 300 different screen sizes and umpteen different versions.

If you want GOOD themes, stick with Apple. The ability to theme is not as important as who is theming on that platform.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-10)

Just to confirm ,Junes photoData/100apple delete works fine on iOS7,7.0.6 ip5👌someone had to test it out lol😉

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulldog5278 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-10), dsg (2014-03-10)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog5278 View Post
    Just to confirm ,Junes photoData/100apple delete works fine on iOS7,7.0.6 ip5👌someone had to test it out lol😉
    Could you elaborate on the process ? Please

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

dsg (2014-03-10)

Could you elaborate on the process ? Please
    Sure,I followed the exact same process as June posted on his blogspot,
    Go into:d.C.I.M folder delete however many 100apple folders that you may have?
    Then head to photoData,do not delete the folder only the contents inside,reboot iPhone and photoData contents rebuild during process,all photos gone👍

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulldog5278 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-10), dsg (2014-03-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BootsBrown View Post
    WOW! boys I am so glad I've gotten to know y'all!! the info y'all provide & possibilities are amazing! I can learn so much in here from y'all!

thanx
    You must be from the south! My wife says y'all any chance she gets!!! LOL!

Congratulations on your post count, Grant !

Nope, I still get it at times.
    There were several occasions when these apps were originally docked or in folders before the went in limbo. Perhaps this plays a role there.
    Happened a lot to me on iOS 7/+
    I'm still getting disappearing apps, too. Figured it just comes w/ the territory!

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-03-10), Boots (2014-03-11), dsg (2014-03-10), King_O_Hill (2014-03-10)

Page 83 of 254 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast