Page 149 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 5066

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iOS7x Theme GUIDE

  1. #2961
    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    You're not gonna be able mask 1 or 2 icons a certain shape and then mask other icons into different shapes. The ONLY way I know of achieving that is using the tweak Masks but randomizing the masks won't place the mask on your specific icon.

    You have to mask them all or go without. Sorry...
    Ok. Masking is out then. How do I just get the backgrounds to show as transparent? I had this working in iOS 6 (too bad a 5s won't/can't run on 6).

  2. #2962
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,693
    Thanks
    1,594
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleVC View Post
    Ok. Masking is out then. How do I just get the backgrounds to show as transparent? I had this working in iOS 6 (too bad a 5s won't/can't run on 6).
    Let's use that icon you posted as an example. Open it in Photoshop and turn it into a layer mask. The 'colored' part of that icon will be black. Save that as your AppIconMask and try it out!

    @Oldskool,
    I notice you have a few other things included in that plist. My first thought was the Badge-related setting. I'm wondering if GMail is conflicting w/ that.

    The dock/undock labels prolly aren't causing the problem but you never know...
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-05-29 at 05:00 AM.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

    vXBaKeRXv (2014-05-29)

  4. #2963
    Livin the iPhone Life oldskoolsk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    1,174
    Thanks
    1,896
    Thanked 1,970 Times in 725 Posts

    @Oldskool,
    I notice you have a few other things included in that plist. My first thought was the Badge-related setting. I'm wondering if GMail is conflicting w/ that.

    The dock/undock labels prolly aren't causing the problem but you never know...[/QUOTE]

    I'm thinking of maybe deleting everything in the plist except the calendar info and see how that works


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #2964
    Etch A Sketch Sk37cH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oz maaaaaate ;)
    Posts
    2,533
    Thanks
    6,115
    Thanked 10,215 Times in 2,246 Posts

    Default iOS7x Theme GUIDE
    I'd start with the time style. If the app is crashing on launch, that's the one element that's transitioned from the homescreen to the app. Just a guess though. PopCap games crashed at one stage when a default loading screen within a theme, was called upon launch of the app. Probably unrelated... Cheers.
    Last edited by Sk37cH; 2014-05-29 at 11:20 AM.

  6. #2965
    Livin the iPhone Life oldskoolsk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    1,174
    Thanks
    1,896
    Thanked 1,970 Times in 725 Posts

    Got it I'll try that


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #2966
    Livin the iPhone Life oldskoolsk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    1,174
    Thanks
    1,896
    Thanked 1,970 Times in 725 Posts

    Is anybody having problems lately with cydia taking forever to update the repos and especially having the bigboss repo failing to fetch error? I'm getting that almost everyday!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #2967
    I have had that issue once or twice recently.

    Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

  9. #2968
    Livin the iPhone Life oldskoolsk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    1,174
    Thanks
    1,896
    Thanked 1,970 Times in 725 Posts

    Good I'm glad I'm not the only one


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #2969
    Basically what I'm trying to do is make a text only icon (descriptive of what the icon is I.e. Mail, Videos, etc) that I can see the background through.

  11. #2970
    Ah, similar to the old Words Theme, but with a transparent background.

    Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

  12. #2971
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolsk8r View Post
    Is anybody having problems lately with cydia taking forever to update the repos and especially having the bigboss repo failing to fetch error? I'm getting that almost everyday!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't know about the Cydia question- Repos are updated by the Package maintainer. I might have seen the Bigboss fetch error though... Sever is probably getting overloaded.

    I wonder when we will see a Cleanup of OLD Stuff or have Split sections for Different IOS versions.

  13. #2972
    Livin the iPhone Life oldskoolsk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    1,174
    Thanks
    1,896
    Thanked 1,970 Times in 725 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv View Post
    Don't know about the Cydia question- Repos are updated by the Package maintainer. I might have seen the Bigboss fetch error though... Sever is probably getting overloaded.

    I wonder when we will see a Cleanup of OLD Stuff or have Split sections for Different IOS versions.
    That would be awesome if cydia would only fetch what your device could install!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #2973
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolsk8r View Post
    That would be awesome if cydia would only fetch what your device could install!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELL YEAH! - I couldn't imagine having to surf through all that stuff just to find a 7.x theme or tweak. NUTTS
    Someone should have made there own Homebrew store for only 7.x.... When installer.app tried to Come back, that was the wrong time!

  15. #2974
    Livin the iPhone Life oldskoolsk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    1,174
    Thanks
    1,896
    Thanked 1,970 Times in 725 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv View Post
    HELL YEAH! - I couldn't imagine having to surf through all that stuff just to find a 7.x theme or tweak. NUTTS
    Someone should have made there own Homebrew store for only 7.x.... When installer.app tried to Come back, that was the wrong time!
    That would be awesome!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #2975
    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    You're not gonna be able mask 1 or 2 icons a certain shape and then mask other icons into different shapes. The ONLY way I know of achieving that is using the tweak Masks but randomizing the masks won't place the mask on your specific icon.

    You have to mask them all or go without. Sorry...
    Actually, you don't. AppIconMask has to be 1px by 1px and it works perfectly. Thanks goes to the Neurotech7 theme for pointing me in the right direction and for showing that it CAN be done.

  17. #2976
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,693
    Thanks
    1,594
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleVC View Post
    Actually, you don't. AppIconMask has to be 1px by 1px and it works perfectly. Thanks goes to the Neurotech7 theme for pointing me in the right direction and for showing that it CAN be done.
    Really!?!? So, using your icon example, you can have 'just' your image show and have a clear background? If so, that's awesome!!! Please confirm by showing us a screenshot of what your talking about!

  18. #2977
    Default iOS7x Theme GUIDE
    Quick question.. Can a Long coded Plist Slow things up?

    Edit: Never mind! I don't notice anything but a little lag in the spotlight.. I think.
    Last edited by vXBaKeRXv; 2014-05-31 at 04:29 PM.

  19. #2978
    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Really!?!? So, using your icon example, you can have 'just' your image show and have a clear background? If so, that's awesome!!! Please confirm by showing us a screenshot of what your talking about!
    Left side low icons are transparent.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  20. #2979
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,693
    Thanks
    1,594
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleVC View Post
    Left side low icons are transparent.
    This one?

  21. #2980
    Livin the iPhone Life oldskoolsk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    1,174
    Thanks
    1,896
    Thanked 1,970 Times in 725 Posts

    I just had to post this link from YouTube about a widget/livetile idea for iOS8 it's brilliant! Check it out
    http://youtu.be/iUlJfYlqN0w


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oldskoolsk8r For This Useful Post:

    menard_00 (2014-05-31), thazsar (2014-05-31), vXBaKeRXv (2014-05-31)

Page 149 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •