Page 113 of 254 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 5066

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS7x Theme GUIDE

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Sk37cH, that tweak is not needed with Auxo 2 because it has the slide in features to call the switcher and exit an app. I agree that the activator methods aren't as smoothe because it just simulates the home button.

Just shoot me an iMessage man if u want to chat about it.
    Go to bed!

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Thanks
    Thanked 10,215 Times in 2,246 Posts

Sk37cH, that tweak is not needed with Auxo 2 because it has the slide in features to call the switcher and exit an app
    Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I was one of those people that loved the functionality of Zephyr, and in the end it was an essential tweak for me personally. I know some people who felt the same.

I feel that the way Auxo2 handles those particular functions are suffice enough for me to say that, the void left by Zephyr has been filled in functionality through Auxo2....close enough for my needs anyway. Thank you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-04-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I'm confused by this statement and I hear it a lot, so I just had to ask why is it not worth paying for it again? If all he did was resign it for iOS 7, then I agree 100%. But he had to rewrite the code and added features to it. So why does that not justify being compensated for his time and effort?
    Don't be confused. Easy answer in "my" mind .

It's in light of so many other tweaks that upgrade just as many core functions and offer the upgrade for free or for less than original price. He has all the right in the world to charge for it. My comment had nothing to do with what he has "the right to do" or the worthiness of his time. My comment was aimed at "what the market will bear".. Whole new tweaks that do amazing things cost $1.99+ ... Upgrades in my view are not worth paying all over for something. Maybe that's just me.. But the upgrade model I'm referring to comes from the business world - where you don't pay full price, again, for a couple new features and cosmetic improvements.

Even if you'd argue this is not the "business world". You could still compare practices normative for the Cydia world.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-04-11 at 01:04 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-04-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,597 Times in 2,161 Posts

Well, following on from the "TouchID" & "Passcode" section additions into the Settings Pane, I decided to see if the nasty "tweak" setting's icons could be added to the "Settings.plist" Normally you either have to manually replace these or add the "Info.plist" file to your Preferences Folder in Preference Loader.

Turns out this can be easily done, basically I opened up the Settings.plist in a text editor and also opened up my tweak plists in the text editor.
    Essentially I just copied across the tweak "plist" code and pasted accordingly in the Settings.plist. There is no compromise on functionality and the
    tweak sections work as they did prior to the mod!

Like here

-settings1.png

So what does this now do? Well basically it tells those "specific" tweaks, that to find the required Settings "icons" they are now located in the... "iconCache" .artwork file! Yip, I recompiled the WinterBoard icon into the iconCache file and also re-directed the "Activator" icon to use the "TouchID" icon along with "TestDrive" tweak using the iOS7 Settings icon.

Here they are here after the Touch ID & Passcode modded sections

-img_0076.png

There is ONLY small issue, at this stage I am unable to "re-write" the "bplist" index table in the iconCache .artwork file.

SO to get around this I used the 7.0 beta 4 iconCache .artwork file (remember it includes 50 icons) and re-jigged it accordingly.

Its just something I was doing to pass the time that I thought I would share.

IF I can figure out how to unpack and repack the "bplist" that means you could add a whole host of "Settings icons" etc!

Obviously its a very advanced mod but I seen it as a challenge! (Common theme here - no pun intended)

Would be cool to add functionality to "toggle" on the Tweaks as installed otherwise the icons/sections remain dormant. Might be another "rainy day"
    project!
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 2014-04-11 at 01:49 PM.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-11), King_O_Hill (2014-04-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

So what happens when you select one of these 'new' Settings.app icons?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-04-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    So what happens when you select one of these 'new' Settings.app icons?
    It responds exactly as it did prior to moving the plist info to the Settings.plist in the Preferences app.

e.g WinterBoard Settings Pane section selected, pane slides in from the right & u have your WB app open. U can use it exactly how it was when the plist resided in /Library/PreferencesLoader/Preferences

I guess it's like Sym Linking from the Settings.plist as opposed to each specific tweak plist in your Preferences folder. Equals the same end result.

This approach may have more disadvantages than advantages but just something I thought I'd share.
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 2014-04-11 at 02:14 PM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-11), King_O_Hill (2014-04-11), thazsar (2014-04-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    It responds exactly as it did prior to moving the plist info to the Settings.plist in the Preferences app.

e.g WinterBoard Settings Pane section selected, pane slides in from the right & u have your WB app open. U can use it exactly how it was when the plist resided in /Library/PreferencesLoader/Preferences

I guess it's like Sym Linking from the Settings.plist as opposed to each specific tweak plist in your Preferences folder. Equals the same end result.

This approach may have more disadvantages than advantages but just something I thought I'd share.
    Still very cool! Nice job!!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (2014-04-11), King_O_Hill (2014-04-11)

Thanks

Still very cool! Nice job!!!
    Thanks dude! 👊

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Thanks dude! 👊
    Lemme ask you this...
    A while ago, there was a tweak called PreferenceFolders. It put certain icons into folders in the Settings.app. That tweak isn't supported anymore and the current copycat is called PreferenceOrganizer7.

This tweak worx well EXCEPT that it places iCloud into a 'folder' which makes it crash upon opening. Do you think you could figure out how to make a folder inside the Settings.app and essentially do what PO7 does, minus iCloud?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Lemme ask you this...
    A while ago, there was a tweak called PreferenceFolders. It put certain icons into folders in the Settings.app. That tweak isn't supported anymore and the current copycat is called PreferenceOrganizer7.

This tweak worx well EXCEPT that it places iCloud into a 'folder' which makes it crash upon opening. Do you think you could figure out how to make a folder inside the Settings.app and essentially do what PO7 does, minus iCloud?
    Maybe, if its code e.g obj-C probably not. I had a look on Cydia. Is the 7X version on a specific repo? I only found Preference Folders for 5X I think?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Don't be confused. Easy answer in "my" mind .

It's in light of so many other tweaks that upgrade just as many core functions and offer the upgrade for free or for less than original price. He has all the right in the world to charge for it. My comment had nothing to do with what he has "the right to do" or the worthiness of his time. My comment was aimed at "what the market will bear".. Whole new tweaks that do amazing things cost $1.99+ ... Upgrades in my view are not worth paying all over for something. Maybe that's just me.. But the upgrade model I'm referring to comes from the business world - where you don't pay full price, again, for a couple new features and cosmetic improvements.

Even if you'd argue this is not the "business world". You could still compare practices normative for the Cydia world.
    I see your point about the amount, but in the business world, you don't typically pay $2 for a software application. So because of the small amounts that tweaks cost, I see no reason that charging $2-3 for a rewrite should not be acceptable.

Here's how my Settings.app looks like w/ PO7 installed:
    Yeah! pixelated.
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Yeah! pixelated.
    LOL! I had to use Photobucket since the MMI.app is suckin [email protected], again!

Here's the repo for PO7:
    cydia.angelxwind.net
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-04-11 at 04:58 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-11)

Thanks

I see your point about the amount, but in the business world, you don't typically pay $2 for a software application. So because of the small amounts that tweaks cost, I see no reason that charging $2-3 for a rewrite should not be acceptable.
    We can agree to disagree, bro. For a kid with no allowance - $2-3 can be a bit over the top - for you and me - not so much.

NEW TOPIC!! Is this "Heartbleed" vulnerability in OpenSSL something we iLife people need to worry about?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

New tweak, new functionality, new price. Nothing more to consider. Nothing about Auxo 2 is anything like the first Auxo. It only shares the name. It's simply ridiculous to think that they shouldn't have charged for this NEW tweak. Hell, they even gave half off to customers who bought the old one. What more do u want man.

Thanks

New tweak, new functionality, new price. Nothing more to consider. Nothing about Auxo 2 is anything like the first Auxo. It only shares the name. It's simply ridiculous to think that they shouldn't have charged for this NEW tweak. Hell, they even gave half off to customers who bought the old one. What more do u want man.
    Side by side Auxo orginal on my iPhone 5 and Auxo 2 on 5S - I'm looking at them both together right now -- it's a stretch, Krima, to call it a 'totally new tweak'. C'mon man.. And I never saw any half off offer.. But I'm happy.. Really like it now.. No reason to argue about it..

Yes Krima my point exactly!

Who judges a tweak by looks only!

My iph4 looks identical to my iph4s, they must be identical!

Newd is just an idiot and has no idea what he's talking about. I'm gonna block him now as this is absurd!
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 2014-04-11 at 05:56 PM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

menard_00 (2014-04-12)

Thanks

Newd is just an idiot and has no idea what he's talking about. I'm gonna block him now as this is absurd!
    Sarcasm.. right?

31. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-11)

Thanks

Yes Krima my point exactly!

Who judges a tweak by looks only!

My iph4 looks identical to my iph4s, they must be identical!

Hahahaha!!! 😂

Page 113 of 254 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast