Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS7 .car File Extractor / Compactor! Start of a New Theming Platform?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Gridlock 2.0.5 out!! Works on 5S well!
    Is it just me or are the icons too high up on the page with gridlock? I just tried it and my iwidget wouldn't fit in the top row anymore. Went right back to homescreen designer.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

dsg (2014-01-13), Jato_BZ (2014-01-13), King_O_Hill (2014-01-13)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Is it just me or are the icons too high up on the page with gridlock? I just tried it and my iwidget wouldn't fit in the top row anymore. Went right back to homescreen designer.
    Hmm. Don't know, Simon. I don't use any icon layouts that sit anywhere near the top of the screen. I'm not using any iWidgets that fit into an icon position either.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-01-13)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Was weird. The icons looked like they were too high up. Or too spaced out. Top of the icons on the top row were pretty much touching status bar.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

dsg (2014-01-13), Jato_BZ (2014-01-13), King_O_Hill (2014-01-13)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,597 Times in 2,161 Posts

Iconoclasm user here...I prefer the X/Y method. Plus I was miffed at the original iOS6 upgrade price so have stuck with iconoclasm thru & thru.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-01-13), dsg (2014-01-13), King_O_Hill (2014-01-13), Simon (2014-01-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Iconoclasm user here...I prefer the X/Y method. Plus I was miffed at the original iOS6 upgrade price so have stuck with iconoclasm thru & thru.
    HomeScreenDesigner also uses XY method. And doesn't require respring after applying! Worth the $.. To create any new layouts you still need to design them and iconoclasm layout maker won't be updated for iOS 7. He abandoned that tweak for homescreendesigner.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-01-13), Jato_BZ (2014-01-13), King_O_Hill (2014-01-13), Simon (2014-01-13)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

I'm not a huge fan of Iconoclasm since it always forces icons out of place. I'm now content w/ Grid and Five-Column Springboard!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (2014-01-13)

I like using both GL and HSD

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-01-13), dsg (2014-01-13), Jato_BZ (2014-01-13), Simon (2014-01-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of Iconoclasm since it always forces icons out of place. I'm now content w/ Grid and Five-Column Springboard!
    You mean on that first switch on of Iconoclasm? I've always hated that too. But it's only the VERY first time you ever install it after each new jailbreak. Once you reset all your icons and folders - switching it on and off never scatters icons again. And after the first time it did it to me on iOS4 - I learned my lesson and just made sure I had a copy of IconState.plist from var/mobile/Library/Springboard saved on my computer. Switch Iconoclasm ON -- Icons scatter -- copy IconState.plist back to that folder, respring - ALL ICONS BACK WHERE THEY BELONG! Never a problem after that.

For what it's worth - the developer of HomsScreenDesigner (same guy who gave us IconoclasmLayoutMaker) addressed this 'initial scatter' in a recent update and fixed it. The developer of Iconoclasm should get rid of this VERY nasty long standing "bug" in Iconoclasm.

But don't infer from that one-time happening and problem with the tweaks. Both Icono and HSD are rock stable now.

And I've never experienced this Gridlock moving icons 'out of the way' thing you mention there, Thaz. Making room for icons is actually the natural Apple functionality. Gridlock just lets you violate that a bit. But if you're at the max icons per page limit you'll get some icon moving - because Apple designed it that way..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-01-14)

Thanks

That's what I'm talking about. Iconoclasm/Homescreen Designer maintain the natural iOS function of shifting icons. Sometimes this is irritating...

I don't like it because, for example, if I install a new app and want to put it in a folder on my front page:
    - Whenever I drag the new app to my front page, all my icons shift without me wanting them too.
    - The shift occurs even though I'm not dragging the new app over the other apps.
    - Iconoclasm/HD just 'assume' I'm gonna place it in my layout so it auto-shifts my icons (usually forcing a front page app onto the second page).

BTW, IconSupport was just updated to hopefully stop the icon layout problem you spoke of.
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-01-13 at 05:58 PM.

Thanks

That's what I'm talking about. Iconoclasm/Homescreen Designer maintain the natural iOS function of shifting icons. Sometimes this is irritating...

I don't like it because, for example, if I install a new app and want to put it in a folder on my front page:
    - Whenever I drag the new app to my front page, all my icons shift without me wanting them too.
    - The shift occurs even though I'm not dragging the new app over the other apps.
    - Iconoclasm/HD just 'assume' I'm gonna place it in my layout so it auto-shifts my icons (usually forcing a front page app onto the second page).
    But this would happen with or without HSD or Icono installed. So I'm not understanding why you would consider this a 'problem introduced' by Icono or HSD? The only reason you may see less of it without them installed is that Apple's default is 20 icons on a page. And your HSD layout may only have 10-12... This is why the shift seems to occur more. Though I have it down to a science that moving from page 2 to 1 never shifts my icons. There IS a path you can take to NOT have it happen.. even with a tight number of icon positions made with HSD/Icono.. BUT to make my life easier.. I simply create my icono/HSD layouts with '5' more icon positions than I need. Then the shifting never happens at all. And now with Gridlock up to date - it happens even less.

Just takes a little creativity - when you see a functionality you don't like. There's ALWAYS a way around it..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    But this would happen with or without HSD or Icono installed. So I'm not understanding why you would consider this a 'problem introduced' by Icono or HSD? The only reason you may see less of it without them installed is that Apple's default is 20 icons on a page. And your HSD layout may only have 10-12... This is why the shift seems to occur more. Though I have it down to a science that moving from page 2 to 1 never shifts my icons. There IS a path you can take to NOT have it happen.. even with a tight number of icon positions made with HSD/Icono.. BUT to make my life easier.. I simply create my icono/HSD layouts with '5' more icon positions than I need. Then the shifting never happens at all. And now with Gridlock up to date - it happens even less.

Just takes a little creativity - when you see a functionality you don't like. There's ALWAYS a way around it..
    True! I use a 5 Top & Bottom layout so bringing in any new icon shifts the bottom right icon onto the next page when dragging a new icon into the screen. W/ only using Gridlock, that doesn't occur.

My ipad uses Iconoclasm (for rotation purposes) and I've always used MultiIconMover in the past to avoid the shifting issue.

Thanks

Got my iOS 7 WiFi DOT(s) theme working on my ip5S!!!! So happy!!!

ImageUploadedByModMyi1389670187.589903.jpg

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

BenderRodriguez (2014-01-14), dsg (2014-01-14), King_O_Hill (2014-01-14), NewD (2014-01-14)

off topic, I need someone to make a hack that lets you find a location in maps like a restaurant, then take that address and make an appointment in the Calendar app

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    off topic, I need someone to make a hack that lets you find a location in maps like a restaurant, then take that address and make an appointment in the Calendar app
    They already have that. It's called Siri!

siri is outdated when you need to be quite and quick, siri is slow and for lazy people, there needs to be a hack to do this

also it doesn't work, i said create calendar even from this location, it creates an event at the time i say and name it "from this location" with no address

Not looking for any type of conflict, but wouldn't the tweak your looking for be considered the lazy way out. Jes sayin!

iOS7

FEATURE:
    there needs to be an option within maps when you click on a location to "Make a Calendar event", "Set a Reminder" or even "Share address with Contact"

WHY:
    I found a location in maps, now I need to set an appointment at that location in Calendar for tomorrow, or I need to tell a friend where to meet me, so i have to copy, exit to home screen and then open the messages app or Calendar app then paste

there is currently no way to take the address and make an appointment out of it besides doing a copy paste give it a name and continue on

Ive been waiting for this since iOS5, sorry for the rant
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 2014-01-14 at 06:42 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    I've used the Xcode extractor method to open the Core UI car files via @0xceds UI extractor Xcode project. Essentially on extraction it looks the same as when .artwork files are extracted = folder full of pngs. This is the one of two .car files in the UIKit framework named UIKit_OriginalArtwork.car

Attachment 648700
    Jato, I need YOUR help!!!
    You extracted and posted this photo. Can you tell me what the labels are for the other DataTypes that are in this file??? Specifically, the EDGE, 3G & 4G labels.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    iOS7

FEATURE:
    there needs to be an option within maps when you click on a location to "Make a Calendar event", "Set a Reminder" or even "Share address with Contact"

WHY:
    I found a location in maps, now I need to set an appointment at that location in Calendar for tomorrow, or I need to tell a friend where to meet me, so i have to copy, exit to home screen and then open the messages app or Calendar app then paste

there is currently no way to take the address and make an appointment out of it besides doing a copy paste give it a name and continue on

Ive been waiting for this since iOS5, sorry for the rant
    AGREED! It seems like common sense to have this...

I bought a Calendar App called Week Cal which gives you map access and let's you save/create an event at that location
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-01-14 at 06:50 AM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

BenderRodriguez (2014-01-14)

trying to find all the status bar new named images, so far I've found

[email protected] to [email protected]
    [email protected] to [email protected]

[email protected] doesn't seam to work and Black_0_Bars works in file, cydia, Activator, WiFiPasswords but no other apps, meaning i don't have the Silver one or whatever they changed the name too

freakin why do they keep changing and moving image names

Im looking for Signal Bars and Wifi only at this point

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 6,597 Times in 2,161 Posts

Jato, I need YOUR help!!!
    You extracted and posted this photo. Can you tell me what the labels are for the other DataTypes that are in this file??? Specifically, the EDGE, 3G & 4G labels.
    I can post tomorrow, sorry was busy tonight. BUT the 3G/4G are now included in the font by the looks of it like the batt % in iOS6.

But from what I can see there's two sets of Status bar pngs.

One for the Lockscreen view & one set when on the springboard/in app

June posted a way in the 7X thread to see the UI files being called in iOS which u might find handy. Debugging/console.

https://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-themes-discussion/832675-ios7x-theme-guide-%thread_page%-print.html
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast