Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS7 .car File Extractor / Compactor! Start of a New Theming Platform?

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Apps that have an Assets.car will be dumped and u can theme the UI. So apps like Tweetbot 3 can be themed now as well as the musicUI. It's very exciting. Not at the level iOS 6 was but still much more than what can be done today.
    true i have seen the assets.car of the music player have many new names in there but old ones to still don't get what winterboard didn't change them like the calculator app well again this will be awesome to can theme more also my faith in Saurik has die have past 3 months and we still don't have an working winterboard like it should be.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cocco26 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-01), dsg (2014-04-01), King_O_Hill (2014-04-01)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    HTML, eh? My dream tweak would be system-wide animated PNG's. Of course, that would probably take editing on a source code level, but still, a man can dream.

Animated PNG's are like gifs, but about 1000x nicer
    Agreed! I've wanted that for a long time!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

dsg (2014-04-01), Jahooba (2014-04-01)

So, when this Equinox dumps files into a collection folder - how do we then know what parent BundleID folder to create for it inside the Equinox folder? WinterBoard was easy because it was all just UIKit.

Hmm, nevermind - I read this again carefully (read it late last night):

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Dude this is the tweak Matt wrote.
    Like WB "Records UIImages" this tweak now records every .car file as pngs within the appropriate Bundle ID folder.

It works exactly the same as WB ATM. But in a different location but still uses Bundle IDs & then your pngs you have captured you can theme those & place in the appropriate Bundle ID folder = themed!

I'm still not entirely clear how this all works, but whatever - we've got some time yet
    Last edited by Jahooba; 2014-04-01 at 05:18 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-01), dsg (2014-04-01)

I'm still not entirely clear how this all works, but whatever - we've got some time yet
    it's simple just name the folder of the app your trying to theme by the apps Bundle ID, put in your images with the correct names. Close the app via switcher and reopen, tada themed
    Last edited by dsg; 2014-04-01 at 06:03 PM.
    privacy isn't about having something to hide, another view here

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-01), Jahooba (2014-04-02), King_O_Hill (2014-04-01)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

The tweak creates a folder inside the main folder of the tweak. It automatically records the images and creates the appropriate folder for each app. For iOS UI stuff for example, it would be com.apple.UIKit, music it would be com.apple.MusicUI, and so on. It does all the heavy lifting for you. You would then only need to put that bundle folder in the main tweaks folder and add the images u want themed. Presto.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-01), dsg (2014-04-01), Jahooba (2014-04-02), King_O_Hill (2014-04-01), TaJr12 (2014-04-04)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,485 Times in 7,705 Posts

Sounds almost too good to be true! But AWESOME!! Love the no respring.

Ah but will it be 100% crash free with all the popular tweaks? I sure hope so. IconOmatic was in public beta too early IMHO. And themers started selling paid themes relying on a beta tweak..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-01)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

Nothing is 100 percent crash free, not even stock iOS 7. To expect that isn't realistic.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-01), c0pes321 (2014-04-01), dsg (2014-04-01), Jahooba (2014-04-02), King_O_Hill (2014-04-01), TaJr12 (2014-04-04)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Nothing is 100 percent crash free, not even stock iOS7. To expect that isn't realistic.
    You mean - at the start or beta level of a tweak?.. I would agree. But my iOS6.1.2 iPhone 5 with over 35 tweaks is 100% crash free. That is still my bar after a solid beta and release period. I've achieved 100% crash-free with every jailbreak since 4.2.x.

And though I'm not pointing any fingers - several devs work in a vacuum by only having their tweak installed and a few others. I had a chat with Jake about this once - and his major advances and bug clearing with NextGEN started to happen as he did some testing with other common tweaks installed.

I know Matt's on top of it. My 'other devs' comment above is in no way referring to Matt or Stephen or Jake. (don't want to get myself in trouble)....

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-01)

I gotta call Bravo Sierra here and agree with Joel. No jailbroken device con be 100% crash free. You will inevitably come across an in handled exception and Bang!

It's software, not possible that so many devs could anticipate every single exception and correctly handle them.

It is not possible with the current technology.
    No ifs, ands, or buts!

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

dsg (2014-04-01), Jato_BZ (2014-04-01), Krima (2014-04-01), TaJr12 (2014-04-04)

Yeah, that's one thing about jailbreak there's no guidelines tweaks are to follow, no rule to abide to. And with iOS' limits unleashed compared to what AppStore apps developers work with, issues always occur.

In the worst case, devs don't care about compatibility with other tweaks. They in fact generally start worrying about that only after release. Jake and Matt definitely aren't this way at all. Who's lucky ? Us !!!!
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

dsg (2014-04-01), TaJr12 (2014-04-04)

Well, it seems that Equinox is going pretty well now! Had a few bad crashes yesterday but so far testing has been positive that it's fixed. My next task to focus upon with it is those .artwork files that WinterBoard fails to theme. I've got iconCache.artwork theming now without recompiling, so will be tackling each in turn when I have time.

Once it's almost ready for release, I'm going to put together some documentation for it's usage. At the moment, this is how I'm envisioning it working with WinterBoard themes:

<insert_name_here>.theme
    --- Bundles
    --- UIImages
    --- Equinox
    ------ com.apple.UIKit
    ------ com.apple.mobilephone

and so on, with your .car images to be located in the Equinox folder structure. The .artwork files will be handled like this:

Equinox
    --- com.apple.Preferences
    ------ iconCache

with the same for all .artwork files, where the main name of the file will be the folder name to drop the icons into.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-01), cocco26 (2014-04-03), dsg (2014-04-01), Jahooba (2014-04-02), Jato_BZ (2014-04-01), King_O_Hill (2014-04-02), Krima (2014-04-01), NewD (2014-04-01), TaJr12 (2014-04-04), thazsar (2014-04-01)

^ amazing !

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

dsg (2014-04-01), Jato_BZ (2014-04-01), King_O_Hill (2014-04-02)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I gotta call Bravo Sierra here and agree with Joel. No jailbroken device con be 100% crash free. You will inevitably come across an in handled exception and Bang!

It's software, not possible that so many devs could anticipate every single exception and correctly handle them.

It is not possible with the current technology.
    No ifs, ands, or buts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Yeah, that's one thing about jailbreak – there's no guidelines tweaks are to follow, no rule to abide to. And with iOS' limits unleashed compared to what AppStore apps developers work with, issues always occur.

In the worst case, devs don't care about compatibility with other tweaks. They in fact generally start worrying about that only after release. Jake and Matt definitely aren't this way at all. Who's lucky ? Us !!!!
    Yes, Brian and Froggy (and "Joel"),
    I will agree with this. You know my 'penchant' (look it up ) for 'overstatement'. 100% crash-free is an overstatement. Though each of my jailbreaks after the shakedown period (few months) has ultimately resulted in a 'near crash-free' environment. The kind of 'cleaning up' of a tweak that I 'require and expect' of our devs is where the addition of their tweak to my system results in a near zero crash environment. And I've achieved it with every jailbreak. So I don't think we should lower the bar for our devs. Agreed? They should 'play nicely with each other'..

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-02), King_O_Hill (2014-04-02)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,597 Times in 2,161 Posts

^ amazing !
    +1 Alex!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-02), dsg (2014-04-01), King_O_Hill (2014-04-02)

Yep, Matt_BZ

You're overusing inverted commas, Newdy

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

dsg (2014-04-02), King_O_Hill (2014-04-02)

Thanks

You're overusing inverted commas, Newdy
    Lol!!! 'Maybe'...

32. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-02)

Thanks

@Matchstic,
    So I'm trying to understand 'again' (that was for you, NewDest!) how Equinox will work.

Are you going to make it as an add-on to Winterboard?

Example (in the future):
    - I jailbreak my iDevice
    - I open Cydia and download a full theme that includes .car files
    - Winterboard is a dependency so it has to be installed
    - Using, iFile, if I open the EXAMPLE.theme then it'll list all the normal folders we currently see. It will also have an Equinox folder that contains subdirectories which each contain .car-related .pngs.
    - If I apply the theme via Winterboard, Applications that use .car files will not be themed
    - I then download Equinox
    - If I reapply the theme in Winterboard, now those .car-related Applications will be themed because the creator of the theme already has the Equinox folder included in his/her package.

What I'm trying to verify is if you're going to make Equinox a recognized folder through Winterboard? I ask because it'd be a whole lot easier than having a themer place images in the Themes.xxxxx folder and a /var/mobile/Library/Equinox folder.

Hope that makes sense! LOL!

...and just to clarify.

- I know Equinox isn't WB dependent and can be used independently
    - I know a Respring isn't required for Equinox
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-04-02 at 01:15 AM.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-02), dsg (2014-04-02)

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    @Matchstic,
    So I'm trying to understand 'again' (that was for you, NewDest!) how Equinox will work.

Are you going to make it as an add-on to Winterboard.

Example (in the future):
    - I jailbreak my iDevice
    - I open Cydia and download a full theme that includes .car files
    - Winterboard is a dependency so it has to be installed
    - Using, iFile, if I open the EXAMPLE.theme then it'll list all the normal folders we currently see. It will also have an Equinox folder that contains subdirectories which each contain .car-related .pngs.
    - If I apply the theme via Winterboard, Applications that use .car files will not be themed
    - I then download Equinox
    - If I reapply the theme in Winterboard, now those .car-related Applications will be themed because the creator of the theme already has Equinox included in his/her package.

What I'm trying to verify is if you're going to make Equinox a recognized folder through Winterboard? I ask because it'd be a whole lot easier than having a themer place images in the Themes.xxxxx folder and a /var/mobile/Library/Equinox folder.

Hope they makes sense! LOL!
    Yes, it's going to be an addon to WinterBoard - your example is bang on the money with how it will work!

At the moment, I'm having a separate folder just for testing purposes, so everything will be contained in the one .theme folder when it's finished. I still haven't quite finalised in my head how the code for supporting WinterBoard and how it applies multiple themes, but should have that sorted out soon.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-02), dsg (2014-04-02), King_O_Hill (2014-04-02), TaJr12 (2014-04-04)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matchstic View Post
    Yes, it's going to be an addon to WinterBoard - your example is bang on the money with how it will work!

At the moment, I'm having a separate folder just for testing purposes, so everything will be contained in the one .theme folder when it's finished. I still haven't quite finalised in my head how the code for supporting WinterBoard and how it applies multiple themes, but should have that sorted out soon.
    Ok! That makes sense! I was wondering how you were gonna hook into WB, though... Seems like Saurik would have to give permissions to WB so it'll accept Equinox as a valid folder.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-02), dsg (2014-04-02), King_O_Hill (2014-04-02), TaJr12 (2014-04-04)

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Ok! That makes sense! I was wondering how you were gonna hook into WB, though... Seems like Saurik would have to give permissions to WB so it'll accept Equinox as a valid folder.
    WinterBoard won't be handling anything to do with Equinox - it's completely standalone. I will run all the code necessary for it to work based off the currently enabled themes in WB - there's a plist with those stored in - so you could even have WB disabled in MobileSubstrate and Equinox will still run fine

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-04-02), cocco26 (2014-04-03), dsg (2014-04-02), Jato_BZ (2014-04-02), King_O_Hill (2014-04-02), TaJr12 (2014-04-04)

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast