Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with summerboard themes downloaded

Default Help with summerboard themes downloaded
    Hello all.

I have just downloaded some great themes on to my macbook. I am now at a loss as to how to get them on to my iPhone.

I have a jailbroken 1.1.2 that has been upgraded and is fully functional to version 1.1.4.

Installer is working and I have downloaded various applications from the installer icon and they all work.

Could someone help me with how to get the themes I have downloaded from this site on to my iPhone?

I really appreciate the help.

How to SFTP Summerboard themes

1. install BSD subsystem
    (from list of apps available from Installer)

2. install OpenSSH

3. Get a SFTP program to SSH to your iphone from your computer
    (If using a MAC try FuGu or Transmit. If using a PC try WinSCP? or iPhoneBrowser?)
    http://www.versiontracker.com/php/qs...=all&submit=Go

4. SFTP settings: Server will be your IP address of your iphone, User = root, password = dottie or alpine.
    (get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address)

5. Summerboard themes go in var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ , this is the directory you'll place your themes. each theme should have it's own folder.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

rossejhendry (2008-03-23)

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    How to SFTP Summerboard themes

1. install BSD subsystem

2. install OpenSSH

3. Get a SFTP program to SSH to your iphone from your computer
    (If using a MAC try FuGu or Transmit. If using a PC try WinSCP? or iPhoneBrowser?)
    http://www.versiontracker.com/php/qs...=all&submit=Go

4. SFTP settings: Server will be your IP address of your iphone, User = root, password = dottie or alpine.
    (get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address)

5. Summerboard themes go in var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ , this is the directory you'll place your themes. each theme should have it's own folder.
    Much obliged, mate. I will give it a try!

Hi Broomhead. I have completed steps 1. and 2. I have managed to to download and open Transmit.

However, whenever I put in the information in to Transmit the connection is refused. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by rossejhendry; 2008-03-23 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

check to make sure you have your wifi address correct
    Server = iPhone's IP address
    User Name = root
    password = alpine
    port = 22
    Protocol = SFTP
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2008-03-23 at 05:50 AM.

Got it all working and it looks great.

Thanks a million for the help.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

joanesp (2008-04-13)

Wow.... super helpful post there.. Thanks Broomhead!!! Question please: How do I delete the theme? When I try, it tells me that "Couldn't remove directory: Failure" I messed up?

Hmm. You should be able to delete them, just as you installed them.
    Try again drag them to the trash can.
    You could use MobileFinder to delete them, But becareful