Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I need some Advice :)

Smile I need some Advice :)
    Hi i need someone (preferably someone good at themeing) to take a look at these screenshots of something i'm working on, and as simply as possible tell me what would make it look better, like style, colors, images, etc.. I would also like to know what you think of it so far. Please help me, any help will be noted in the project. thanks in advance.-img_0036.png-img_0037.png-img_0038.png-img_0039.png-img_0040.png-img_0041.png-img_0042.png-img_0043.png-img_0044.png-img_0045.png-img_0046.png-img_0047.png
    Last edited by paul123paul; 2011-09-17 at 04:38 AM.

How did you change the colors in Cydia? Did you edit a plist file somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    How did you change the colors in Cydia? Did you edit a plist file somewhere?
    If you have a look at the bottom tab you will notice it is just the "manage" tab, which if you ssh into your "cydia.app" folder you will see is just a html file then using basic html, i changed the background color. the background of the cydia tab cannot be changed as it is hosted on a server not the device itself @ cydia.saurik.com. My new pages are @ Mohamad just as an example

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Are we even allowed to edit Cydia?

i don't see y not. The only thing it does is adds a few buttons. and for the css i am using and parts of code created originally i have read the copyright enclosed, and what i am doing i am allowed to because i left the copyright notice in the code as it instructed me 2.

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul123paul View Post
    i don't see y not. The only thing it does is adds a few buttons. and for the css i am using and parts of code created originally i have read the copyright enclosed, and what i am doing i am allowed to because i left the copyright notice in the code as it instructed me 2.
    Ohh okay then just making sure lol continue with your work

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

/Moved. Not really a theme launch but more of a get ideas thread at the moment.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

My iPhone is a Part of Me noelbob's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it looks like '92 with dayglow font on a random background color not really my thing but a cool idea either way

Quote Originally Posted by noelbob View Post
    I think it looks like '92 with dayglow font on a random background color not really my thing but a cool idea either way
    What colors would you recommend and font??

My iPhone is a Part of Me noelbob's Avatar
    Thanks

well i would change the background then find some color that work with it green and purple are just to bright for that background

Quote Originally Posted by noelbob View Post
    well i would change the background then find some color that work with it green and purple are just to bright for that background
    Thanks for the great advice i spent soo long working on the practicality of this project that i didn't give any thought to the graphical side of it, and am just finding out it doesn't look good from the beta testers.