Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Change navigation bar color!

Default Change navigation bar color!
    HI, i was wondering if there is an package out there i can change my navigation bar color to something else. I downloaded the Assorted color package but whenever i use the phone to text sideways it changes back to its original color. Help would be appreciate it! THANKS!!!

Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 310 Posts

Hey, if by chance you would be interested in black that exactly matches, for instance, the native bottom bar in your Phone app, along with matching buttons instead of blue (In most cases) there is a very simple solution utilizing a scheme that already exists in your phone. This is a scheme also widely used by third party apps because it is native, and easily helps to create uniformity sytem wide. It absolutely amazes me that apple doesn't make this choosable by the user with the flick of a toggle (unless I instantly became intoxicated by the power of jailbreaking and missed it somehow in their sorry excuse for a set of "preferences."

Or if you really want to have a choice, it would require really searching for and testing existing themes and/or I might be able to help you mod incomplete themes like the one you downloaded. I grabbed it to take a look and they just did not cover landscape mode.
    The first option would be a theme that includes 1 file of text code, the second makes use of actual images.
    Reply either way, I'd be happy to help!

alright... well i already have a theme set up... is there a way i can just SSH the file into my phone? i mean i guess im going for the second option?? btw.. THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY!! hope you can help me out... i only really need one color but if i can find a way to landscape all the colors that would be great.

Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 310 Posts

Did some testing and if all you are doing is utilizing that Assorted Color them pack, you can make it as simple as putting another copy of each image in each folder and changing the name.

If it's the same pack I tested, they made seperate themes for lower and higher resolution. Normally both images would be in the same theme's UIImages folder and would look like this:

UINavigationBarDefaultBackground.png
    [email protected]

They didn't use the @2x for the higher resolution image and it still worked which is suprising to me, but either way dependent upon which you are using, just deal with the folders for that resolution, and don't worry about the @2x. I tried it successfully just to be sure using the higher res (I'm on iPhone4).
    I would guess you've ssh'd to your WB folder, but just in case for me at least, it's location is:

/var/stash/Themes.XmoGHc

Just make a copy of each UINavigationBarDefaultBackground.png and rename it:

UINavigationBarMiniDefaultBackground.png

I'm sure you realize that these only cover instances where the Silver (blue-ish) native nav bars are used.
    I would want to test a little more to be sure I was giving you the right file names, but if you're interested, you could make a few more copies of each with a few other renames to cover instances where the native Black and Tranclucent are used.

Reply with any questions and good luck!
    Last edited by Phatmartino; 2011-06-03 at 05:01 AM.