Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: DreamBoard Won't Work on My iPhone 4! Only a Black Screen Shows Up

Arrow DreamBoard Won't Work on My iPhone 4! Only a Black Screen Shows Up
    Hey,

I hope I'm posting in the right forum. I recently purchased DreamBoard from Cydia via my PayPal/Cydia account. I downloaded a few themes such as OS7 (I think, the free Windows Phone 7) and the Leopard BETA release.

I SSH'ed the themes' folder to /DreamBoard and when I open up Dreamboard, I have to swipe left and right to select a theme.

When I select any of themes they don't apply. Just a black screen pops up and all I can do is access SBSettings to respring.

Please help me, I bought DreamBoard and would love to see it in action!

I'm running iOS 4.3.1.

Thanks,
    SumDaii

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lopeard's Avatar
    /Dreamboard/Snow Lopeard/SnowLopeard.plist
    Thanks

does the original endroid theme work???

what is the folder of lopeard called?

in your dreamboard folder should be a "Snow Lopeard" folder... in this should be the images folder, the widgets folder,the icons folder and the .plist files+ the preview.png

if this is not correct dreamboard might display a black screen......

formerly known as VaioOSX ChrisOSX's Avatar
    Thanks

90% of the time when a Black screen occurs is when people are just dropping the folder into the DreamBoard folder, without opening it up and looking at the internals. When you SSH any theme always check and see what your dropping, compare it to the Endroid theme folder, they should be about the same. If your buying or installing via Dreamstore then there should be no problems, only if you have the "non-official" DreamBoard app.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

It turned out I just needed to uninstall a ton of stuff from Cydia (didn't work out what package exactly clashed with DreamBoard), and then re-installed DreamBoard.

Now it works, but the theme only displays in landscape more, on my portrait-orientated iPhone. Strange.

That's another issue in itself though, this thread can be closed moderators.

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...boarderror.png

I keep getting this error message and It won't let me install Dreamboard (I have paid for it and everything too...) PLEASE HELP!?

Quote Originally Posted by VaioOSX View Post
    90% of the time when a Black screen occurs is when people are just dropping the folder into the DreamBoard folder, without opening it up and looking at the internals. When you SSH any theme always check and see what your dropping, compare it to the Endroid theme folder, they should be about the same. If your buying or installing via Dreamstore then there should be no problems, only if you have the "non-official" DreamBoard app.
    I have the official DB, and dreamstore installed. OS7 still wont work, and it wont even install without crashing