Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Notification Badge Help

Default Notification Badge Help
    Hi, I'm the process of creating my very first winterboard theme and everything has been going smoothly until the notification badges. I created [email protected] and placed it in /theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard, activate it in winterboard, respring, and the badges are still the same red ones. When I go and actually replace the file in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/[email protected] and then respring, it works. However, I would prefer to use winterboard. Any suggestions or ideas as to the problem I'm having?

Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 310 Posts

Hey, I can only speak for iOS 4.2.1, but if your still wondering:

I tested roughly what you described and you probably need to include the second copy without the @2x, at half the resolution. I went into my current theme and changed the name of that one (SBBadgeBG.png) so that it wouldn't be read, and experienced the same thing you did. You may already know that the two copies (for most elements) are to cover retina and non-retina so that either type of device has what it needs. Some instances strangely don't require this (on retina), but Badges seem to for me.

You'll probably also want to put the same image resized again into your UIImages and renamed to cover the button bar badges (for phone, app store and the like).

Here's what they all should look like:

/com.apple.springboard:

SBBadgeBG.png
    29x30
    [email protected]
    58x60

/UIImages:

UIButtonBarBadge.png
    22x23
    [email protected]
    44x46

As I said, I can only verify this on 4.2.1.
    If it doesn't work, maybe reply with your iOS version and someone running the same can help.

Hope it works, though. Good luck!