Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: reclaim dock space.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default reclaim dock space.
    SO.., in ios4 (4.01, not that it matters) when one has a shiny dock with icons on it, the missing space at the bottom of the screen isn't noticed much, but with a transparent dock, I notice that there is a substantial amount of space not available below my (dockless) dock icons. Would anyone perhaps have any idea how one would move the dock icons to the screen's bottom edge?

I have attached two images. One shows how my springboard looks with winterboard disabled, and the other enabled. If anyone can give me some suggestions, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0267.png   -img_0268.png  

iGan, Themer/Modder/Tweaker GaN-MaN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,015 Times in 899 Posts

you could try editing the icons so that u place just the icon u want on the bottom of the 60x60 icon.
    Last edited by GaN-MaN; 2010-11-22 at 08:09 AM. Reason: retracted

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GaN-MaN For This Useful Post:

deibhaid (2010-12-12)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deibhaid View Post
    SO.., in ios4 (4.01, not that it matters) when one has a shiny dock with icons on it, the missing space at the bottom of the screen isn't noticed much, but with a transparent dock, I notice that there is a substantial amount of space not available below my (dockless) dock icons. Would anyone perhaps have any idea how one would move the dock icons to the screen's bottom edge?

I have attached two images. One shows how my springboard looks with winterboard disabled, and the other enabled. If anyone can give me some suggestions, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
    In iPhoneOS 3, there was a preference in the com.apple.springboard.plist that would make SpringBoard use the old style original iPod Touch dock. I think I saw something similar in iOS 4. Except, it uses the 2.x/3.x dock.
    <>EDIT<>Upon further reading, I figure this isn't exactly your goal (since you don't have any icon labels)...<>/EDIT<>
    Quote Originally Posted by GaN-MaN View Post
    is this on an iphone 4/3g/3gs??
    The screenshots are iPhone 4 sized. Either way, I don't think it matters...
    Last edited by Puka1701; 2010-11-22 at 08:10 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yeah I have an iphone 4. So I went and move the visible portion of the icon to the corner of a 60x60 image file, but there still is a substantial amount of space available below the invisible dock.

Does anyone have any clue whether it is possible to remove the dock-reserved space at the bottom of the screen? See attached image for more details.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0461.png  

You could make each icon look like a tombstone in front of a grave. *shrug*