Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Theme wallpaper override??

iPhoneaholic
    It's hot it's humid and there's Mosquitos!! But we also have crawfish Mardi GRAS and Burbon Street!!
    Thanks

Default Theme wallpaper override??
    Ok I really like the theme I have, which is buuf 4 hd with the animated weather theme, I like the wallpapers that come with the animated weather theme and I don't want to delete them. Is there anyway I can keep the theme wall paper but still use my own if I want?? I have tried the user wallpaper and user lockscreen and neither work properly. Does anyone know of a way to helpe?

Do you have ifile of know how to ssh.

iPhoneaholic
    It's hot it's humid and there's Mosquitos!! But we also have crawfish Mardi GRAS and Burbon Street!!
    Thanks

No I am using ifunbox. And I am not sure about ssh but I am willing to learn if someone can help me.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

In Winterboard, use the "user wallpaper" theme. That should allow you to use your own. Disable the theme to get the wallpaper from buuf back.

If that doesn't work for some reason, you can SSH into the theme and just rename the original wallpaper (by adding to the .png for example .png.bkup) and that will disable the wallpaper.

If you have iFunBox, make sure you have afc2add installed in Cydia. Then you can access the root files. To get to the theme, navigate from root>var>stash>themes.xxxx

And your themes will be in there to edit. Find the wallpaper image (usually on the main page of the theme) and edit it. If you'd like, copy and paste your own wallpaper into the theme folder and name it exactly as the original wallpaper was named. Then that wallpaper will become the wallpaper that shows up on your phone. Then in the future, to switch back and forth, just rename your own wallpaper to disable, and rename the buuf wallpaper back to the original.

I think the user wallpaper theme is the easiest way as no renaming needs to be done. Hopefully that works for you. You can also do the same with the lockscreen wallpaper by setting active the "user lock background" theme in WB.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-11-19 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost