Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IStock OS 4 Folder images

Default IStock OS 4 Folder images
    I just got the Categories app and in the 'Select icon family'/icon section they are mostly ugly.

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of the stock ios4/iphone4 Folder icons e.g http://www.iphonehacks.com/images/10...e-folder-1.jpg

After that I assume I can just SSH them in

Thanks

The stock iOS 4 folder icon is in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app, and is called [email protected].

But Categories works out of a different location: var/mobile/library/Categories/icons/, and can be named whatever you want.

Categories works in a fundamentally different manner than how the stock iOS folders do. iOS supports drag and drop, and you can delete icons and move them around directly on the springboard. Categories relies on a program to manage the folders -- if you want to delete a program you have to start the program and delete the icon from the folder, then go back to the springboard to delete it. However, Categories allows you to use custom icons that aren't as ugly as a tiny stack of icons like how iOS 4 does it, so which is better is totally debatable. iOS's version is ugly but fast, and Categories is exactly the opposite.

If you decide to use Categories you should absolutely get the CategoriesSB addon. It speeds up the opening and closing of folders immensely.

If you decide to stick with the stock iOS folders, you should absolutely get FolderEnhancer. You can get both of these on Cydia for very little $$, but in my book they're essential.

Oh I forgot to mention im on an Iphone 3g 3.x JB.

Essentially I wanted icons for 'Categories' folders that looked like the IOS4. folders. thought there might have been a social networking' one with little mini facebook and twitter icon photoshopped in etc.. (if this was the tiny stack thing you were talking about than yes! ha! it is debatable. I like it)