Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4 Transparent Icons

Default iOS 4 Transparent Icons
    Hi to everyone here, been a long time reader of the forums but have just signed up to be a part of it all

And for my first post i have a question, I've searched and couldn't find the answer so my apologies if its already in discussion!

Basically im looking to make all my springboard icons semi transparent to see the wallpaper better. I know there are some themes that have replacement transparent icons but not enough for every icon and i have a lot of them!

I was about to give up on the idea when it dawned on me that when you activate the multitasking switcher tray, the springboard icons move up and BECOME TRANSPARENT!

SO... it must be in the OS somewhere to make all the icons transparent so is there a mod or can a mod be made to have this transparency active at all times?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_1110.png  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to keyz86 For This Useful Post:

pee122 (2010-11-17)

No one even remotely interested??

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I am If you use winterboard then just use dim icons it's in there by default.

Thank you for replying but dim icons doesn't work on iPhone 4

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It works on my friends iPhone 4 altho he had to hold down the icons for them to go dim

Are you theming with Winterboard? If so go into yourtheme/bundles/com.apple.mobileicons.framework, and create an icon in there called [email protected]. To do that:

In photoshop make a new document 120x120 pixels @144dpi, fill it with Black or white (alt+E+L) with 10% opacity (or however transparent you want it, 5% and below will make them almost invisible. Name it as [email protected] and respring.

I just tested it and it works, but it doesn't give the icons the rounded corners, if you like that sort of thing.

There are a couple other files that affect the icons as well. You can read more about it here.

Hit up the thanks if that helped --->

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

pee122 (2010-11-17)