Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with icon moding

Default Help with icon moding
    Hi everyone.
    Ive been moding iphones and ipods since the first iphone. I recently purchesed an iphone 4. I made a realy cool theme. But im having issues with something on some icons. Right now im using CarbonX HD theme. I have icons for all the apps. All my icons are croped to the shape of the emblem. For example i have a book for facebook, but when the icon shows on the springboard it fills the ramaining of the icon space with black. I cant make it to show only the shape. Ive triyed placing blank iconshadow and overlay on the springboard folder but nothing. I want to have my icons without that black background. Also i want to make an auto mask and overlay folder for the not moded icons but it changes all my icons including the moded ones except the originals of the ios like mail and phone. If someone can help me with it ill be very thankful. Btw, this is my first time opening a topic on a forum.

you need to make the icon on a transparent back ground when making the icon with what ever software you are using

Ive done that my friend, when i said i have been moding iphones for some time i mean it.
    Anyways i fixed the problem. You just need to make a folder inside your theme named Icons as in previous iOS but in there youll have to put the icons twice one with just the name and one with the @2x resize code. I mean, for example "appname.png" and "[email protected]"

Quote Originally Posted by eaemock21 View Post
    Ive done that my friend, when i said i have been moding iphones for some time i mean it.
    Anyways i fixed the problem. You just need to make a folder inside your theme named Icons as in previous iOS but in there youll have to put the icons twice one with just the name and one with the @2x resize code. I mean, for example "appname.png" and "[email protected]"
    Sorry didn't mean to offend you I don't think I read your question quite right sorry man.

You need two icons for every icon you mod. One for iPhone4 with the @2x.png and one that is regular sized for earlier iPhones. It can even be a 1x1 pixel transparent image if you want. The important part is to have two icons, one @2x.png and one just .png. This is just a 4.1 thingy. Hope that helps.

That will work but they won't actually be retina compatible. Have a quick look at the themeing in 4.0 sticky

i have same problem on 3g, macbook 3.1, and i change some icons that are in the theme folder
    i check IT in photo shop first and r transparent
    but when go to iphone appear the black square around
    HELP ME PLEASE