Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinSCP Errors

Thanks
    Default WinSCP Errors
    I was wondering if anybody else has got an error when trying to enter the themes or ringtone tabs. Saying folders don't exsist.

If you have what might be the fix. I have tried restoring and jailbroke the phone twice now and still doing it.

thanks Dave

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yogster View Post
    I was wondering if anybody else has got an error when trying to enter the themes or ringtone tabs. Saying folders don't exsist. ...thanks Dave
    I am soooo confused which your question.

I'm looking at my WinSCP screen right-now and no-where do I see a tab -- any tab. Are you talking about folders? If yes, are you trying to create a folder or add to an existing folder? Both should work without issue. How much experience do you have with WinSCP?

Thanks
    Sorry should've explained better, I have connected the phone using Winscp.I am in the root/Library, I can see the theme and ringtone folder. Once I click on the either one to open the folder I get an error saying (cannot create remote file '/private/var/stash/Ringtones.hKvJkK/ .

Hope that explaains the problem a little better

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Please notice the little arrow on the bottom left of the folder icon /Library/Theme. That arrow indicates it is a link to the real folder --- and in your case it's /var/stash/Ringtones.hKvJkK. BTW: (The '....hKvJkK part is different for every phone)

So, it sounds like your WinSCP is not set-up to 'follow' links and can be corrected in the WinSCP setup. From the WinSCP window and before log-in, click the Advanced options (bottom left), then Environment/Directories and check the 'Resolve symbolic links'.

Thanks
    thanks Mes for the help it works now