Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS Backround on iphone 4 ?

Default SMS Backround on iphone 4 ?
    I have recently got the colour on the boubbles to work, but i have tryed for a long time now, to change my SMS Backround on mye iphone 4. I really hope there is sombody here, who can show me this ? i have tryed to googlet it, but... Find nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by bekk-is View Post
    I have recently got the colour on the boubbles to work, but i have tryed for a long time now, to change my SMS Backround on mye iphone 4. I really hope there is sombody here, who can show me this ? i have tryed to googlet it, but... Find nothing.
    Find a photo that you want to use and name it SMSBackground.png and then drop into you theme folder that's it

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone? More like MyPhone Retrospect's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miller75 View Post
    Find a photo that you want to use and name it SMSBackground.png and then drop into you theme folder that's it

This and also the image should be 480 x 480 px
    Check out my theme Réalité HD: Here!
    <Donate> if you want to help me and support my themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrospect View Post
    This and also the image should be 480 x 480 px
    480? It's an iPhone 4 we talking about?..
    I dont Think it works with just drag it in to the theme folder? The latest firmware to iPhone 4?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Retrospect's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea it seems a bit weird but it is 480 x 480 px, and you have have to do is put the image named correctly to the theme folder.
    Check out my theme Réalité HD: Here!
    <Donate> if you want to help me and support my themes.

I have tryed that, but not with 480 x 480 .. Just drop it in the theme folder? Dont make a new folder..?

I have tryed that, but not with 480 x 480 .. Just drop it in the theme folder? Dont make a new folder..?
    Drop it into theme folder don't make a new folder activate in winterboard should be good to go

Banned
    Thanks

Just change the image name to SMSBackground.png and replace the SMSBackground.png that's already in the themes folder with the one you just made.

Just clearing this up for anyone that reads this thread after me.

I switch out my SMSBackground regularly.

And you talking about the newest firmware on the iPhone 4? What about the size of the image? I hate the poor gray sms backround..

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

And you talking about the newest firmware on the iPhone 4? What about the size of the image? I hate the poor gray sms backround..
    Yes they are Talking about the iPhone 4. The firmware doesn't matter concerning the SMSbackground.png. Just navigate to private/var/stash/themes and place the image in the folder of the theme your using then respring/reboot and your done.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

I am telling you guys, it won't Work :/ i dont use any themes, just some themes like, "blue battery, live clock" .. I have the original iPhone 4 size. Drop it in the themes folder, Find it in winterboard, respring, nothing has changed.. Why??

Quote Originally Posted by TheWingChunKid View Post
    Just change the image name to SMSBackground.png and replace the SMSBackground.png that's already in the themes folder with the one you just made.

Just clearing this up for anyone that reads this thread after me.

I switch out my SMSBackground regularly.
    i don't use any themes so how would i go abouts just theming the SMS app?