Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Elite Pro HD Weather Widget

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Elite Pro HD Weather Widget
    Hey,

Please forgive my ignorance or lack of research. I have spent hours today trying to locate the information. I am new to jailbreaking.

I just purchased the amazing theme Elite Pro HD. I also just installed the HD Weather widget. I am using iFile to locate the file to edit in notepad to change my location to 92692. When I open iFile and I navigate Library/SBSettings/Themes/EPHD/ there is no directory or file that points to widget or weather. I'm trying to follow the directions provided- weather for your location look in /Library/Themes/EPHD Weather.theme/Widgets/Configs for Weather-Config.js.

I have absolutely no idea where this is located at. I'm going crazy trying to find it. If anyone has this widget and can point me in the right direction you will be an amazing help.

Thank you everyone

Kyle

Good luck with that man I have been asking the same question on the Pro Hd thread and NOT ONE person even bothered , I finally gave up. Let me know if u get it worked out

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lgp927 View Post
    Good luck with that man I have been asking the same question on the Pro Hd thread and NOT ONE person even bothered , I finally gave up. Let me know if u get it worked out
    Are you running into the same problem as me? It's just not in there. I'll hold out hope that someone will answer. I really love this theme and it'll be complete once I get the answer.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How to change ZIP code
    Quote Originally Posted by lgp927 View Post
    Well after countless hours of attempting to change the location on my phone I resorted to the computer.

Here are the steps to change the location. You have to SSH into your iPhone to make this change. The folder is not visible through the phone itself (atleast I couldn't find it.)

1.) Obtain your phone's IP address (Settings/WIFI/Select your Network/ IP Address)
    2.) You need an SSH client, I'm running MAC OS so I downloaded CyberDuck for free.
    3.) SSH into phone (Google how to or what is SSH if you are unsure)
    4.) Navigate to /LIBRARY/THEMES/EPHD WEATHER.THEME/WIDGETS/CONFIGS/WEATHER-CONFIG.JS---Right click and open with Text edit or Notepad.
    5.) Change USOH0485 to your zip code.
    6.) Respring then you're done!

Hope this helps.

You can also use ifunbox to view/edit/manage files on the iPhone.

It's a pretty slick program, but you have to copy the files to your computer, then edit them, then paste them back where they were. It supports drag-n-drop tho so it's not hard. That's how I'm managing my theme as I build it.

Not sure if they made it for Mac, but it works on win7 and on iOS 4.1 with my i4. Pretty sure it's backwards compatible.

There is no way to do this directly from the phone yet.. At least not that I know of.
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

formerly known as VaioOSX ChrisOSX's Avatar
    Thanks

I did mine from the iphone itself with iFile..I have the New Weather Widget and I started at root/Library/Themes/EPHD Weather Widget2.theme/Widgets/Configs/Weather-Config.js....it should be in that first paragraph, I just put in my Zip code and resprung...Hope This Helps!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisOSX For This Useful Post:

Papanapp (2011-02-08)

I was just making a different widget code function properly, and found that they all seem to use the same lookup code string.

so... in all the widgets that I have seen so far, just use notepad (win7), or any text editor with search, to open the file and search for
    *location='* (without the stars) and make it look like this *location='99999'* (again without stars, and substitute the 99999 with your zip, or weather code if you live outside the US.
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ya, I ended up figuring it out on my phone as well. Noob. Man, I spent hours searching and finally got it. The theme is amazing. I also downloaded the new weather widget and its great also.

thank you guys for all your responses and help. I appreciate it

Kyle

Could you guys tell me where I can find the weather code,please?
    I live in Vietnam.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by s3075031; 2010-10-29 at 09:27 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to WeeDuck For This Useful Post:

agabaran (2010-11-02)

Quote Originally Posted by WeeDuck View Post
    Weather Location Codes/IDs for all weather codes
    thanks! ))

My iPhone is a Part of Me THatton's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,493 Times in 443 Posts

This one would perfect with just a normal Elite frame. Anyone?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  
    IF I HELPED YOU IN ANY WAY PLEASE HIT THE "THANKS" BUTTON

when I get to ephd weather n click on it, nothing opens up. I don't see weather widget or any of that ??

formerly known as VaioOSX ChrisOSX's Avatar
    Thanks

would there be any way of integrating the manual refresh into this? Like the HTC Weather Widget for LockInfo...That would be awesome.

Hey Guys good discussion,
    I purchased Elite HD Pro and I loved it a lot. But I am in Daejeon city (South Korea). I am not able to find the weather code for this city. Does anyone have any idea how do i get the code for Daejeon in South Korea??

Quote Originally Posted by veil arms View Post
    Hey,

Please forgive my ignorance or lack of research. I have spent hours today trying to locate the information. I am new to jailbreaking.

I just purchased the amazing theme Elite Pro HD. I also just installed the HD Weather widget. I am using iFile to locate the file to edit in notepad to change my location to 92692. When I open iFile and I navigate Library/SBSettings/Themes/EPHD/ there is no directory or file that points to widget or weather. I'm trying to follow the directions provided- weather for your location look in /Library/Themes/EPHD Weather.theme/Widgets/Configs for Weather-Config.js.

I have absolutely no idea where this is located at. I'm going crazy trying to find it. If anyone has this widget and can point me in the right direction you will be an amazing help.

Thank you everyone

Kyle
    It's in var/stash/themes

Quote Originally Posted by arvindtirkey View Post
    Hey Guys good discussion,
    I purchased Elite HD Pro and I loved it a lot. But I am in Daejeon city (South Korea). I am not able to find the weather code for this city. Does anyone have any idea how do i get the code for Daejeon in South Korea??
    search here mate, find the nearest registered city/town

Weather Location Codes/IDs

21. The Following User Says Thank You to rebeluk For This Useful Post:

arvindtirkey (2011-06-01)

Quote Originally Posted by rebeluk View Post
    search here mate, find the nearest registered city/town

Weather Location Codes/IDs
    THANK YOU SO MUCH...........You're the best !!

Is there a way to get this weather widget to appear at the top of the screen instead of the bottom? Thanks in advance..