Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Active Weather Background stuck on 'loading'

Default Active Weather Background stuck on 'loading'
    iphone 4 - ios4.1

Sometimes when I load up Active Weather background it stays on the loading screen and doesn't display the weather or any images. Sometimes it fixes itself. Respringing doesn't seem to help.

Anyone else had this problem?

check the refresh time, if its set to long aka 45 min like the one i had was, it will say loading for 45 min then refresh, turn it down to like something lot lower solved my issue but the u munch at your battery it should be in your Function.js folder usually at bottom

I've tried that to no avail. It seems that the 'var locale' in the configureme.js is the problem. Changing it to anything other than the default of St Paul seems to cause it to be very finnicky. Would love to find a workaround.

This may sound weird, but try a different city. Like if you live in Schaumburg, IL, try Aurora, or Chicago.

Depending on the server getting the data call, it may just not be getting results for your town (weatherbug for instance doesn't have info for every town), so a neighboring city might work better.

Hope it's that simple, good luck.
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.