Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem Skinning a Cydia App Settings Icon (not a noob)

Exclamation Problem Skinning a Cydia App Settings Icon (not a noob)
    The problem I'm having is skinning a particular icon in settings. I can skin the iPhone Settings, the Appstore Apps Settings and some of the Cydia Apps Settings. I cannot however skin Infinifolders and RecentDelete.

If I check the Infinifolders.plist file in /Library/PreferenceLoader/Preferences I find 2 strings com.chpwn.infinifolders.prefs and com.chpwn.infinifolders. I've created both these folders in my themes Bundles folder and put both Infinifolders.png and [email protected] in there. No luck. Following other settings I tried com.chpwn.infinifolders.settings. Still no luck.

I'm having the same issue with RecentDelete. The .plist says com.mirrordev.recentdelete and com.mirrordev.recentdelete-Enabled. So I tried both of these folders in Bundles with RecentDeleteIcon.png and nothing.

I've done several resprings and reboots.

I hope someone can help.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Gaz

If I've helped, please use the Thanks! button.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to janullrich For This Useful Post:

Kat_Kingdom (2011-03-14)

bump

No one got an idea?

bumping an old thread. I cant find a way to theme stuff from settings.app that is in /Library/PreferenceLoader/Preferences

no one?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    did you ever find a solution for this? I've managed to theme everything else in the Settings.app, except Infinifolders

It appears we cant theme items in settings.app with PreferenceLoader. I still cantfind an answer to this

I've run into the same problem, and while i'm updating my app, Icon Thief, to colelct these icons, it has to have some sort of bundle folder to save them in, but these apps (inifidock, appInfo...) don't seem to be possible to theme, due to the fact that the icons are located directly in the preferenceLoader/preferences folder instead of in a bundle folder like they're supposed to be.

Anyone find a solution for this?

As far as I know there is no way to theme these

Ya, I've spent the last few hours trying to find a way, but I think you're right. If preferenceLoader had a bundleID of it's own, then it would be possible, but since it doesn't, and those apps also don't have bundle folders, it's impossbile without replacing the original icons.