Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to get rid of shadow behind dock??

Default How to get rid of shadow behind dock??
    How can I get rid of this shadow behind dock, look at the pictures and you'll see that picture is bright. But after I set up that picture as wallpaper it become darker around dock. Please help and sorry on my english

I have iPhone 4, 4.1 firmware, jailbroken

Quote Originally Posted by tome0330 View Post
    How can I get rid of this shadow behind dock, look at the pictures and you'll see that picture is bright. But after I set up that picture as wallpaper it become darker around dock. Please help and sorry on my english

I have iPhone 4, 4.1 firmware, jailbroken

Need to remove or rename this file

System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SpringBoardUIFramework

WallpaperGradientPortraitFull@2x.png

i tried to remove the file, the result is the wallpaper turns white. what i did to remove that shadow is to make a theme with a folder named com.apple.SpringboardUIFramework in Bundles, put a transparent 1x480 png in there and named it WallpaperGradientPortraitFull.png (mine is 3GS)
    Last edited by voodoo411; 2010-10-21 at 01:22 AM.

I believe there is a Tweak for this in Cydia.
    Tima Kudinov

i want to erase the shadow behind the dock because im using a wallpaper that already has a shadow and its really dark, im jailbroken, can someone please help?

Go to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app and delete or rename the following files: WallpaperGradientPortraitBottom~iphone
    WallpaperGradientPortraitTop~iphone
    WallpaperIconDockShadow~iphone
    WallpaperIconShadow~iphone
    Then respring.