Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Folder switching bg help!

Default Folder switching bg help!
    Hi all, I've encountered some problem with my wallpaper in the bg when I tried to open up the folders. The wallpaper goes missing everytime I open the folder. This does not happens when I open my multitasking bar thou. Any advise on this? Please help. Thanks.
    Attached screenshot for reference.

-img_0254-1-.png

-img_0255-1-.png *Where's my girl????*

-img_0256-1-.png* Not affected here....*
    Last edited by Benson1334; 2010-10-16 at 06:04 PM.

not sure if you can m,ake it stay it will fade away as soon as you open a folder.you can try to put in a transparent folder background. need to put FolderSwitcherBG.png in com.apple.springboard folder for this.
    check the download section for multitask folder backgrounds to get a template.

if on pre 4.0 your fine if not you will have to enable folder background in iOS 4.1
    Navigate to private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/
    Delete the file named: com.apple.Springboard.folderSwitcherLinen
    this file will regenerate on its own every time you restart so no need to back it up.
    Respring

Thanks for reply.

I'm using iP4 on ios4.1 currently so.... how do i enable the folder bg? Tried to search for 'com.apple.Springboard.folderSwitcherLinen' but can't find this in 'private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/'. Installed iwipcache from cydia, added a few code in it to remove but no effect too. Btw, I'm using the transparent folder bg when i discovered this problem.

What I had done so far:

1) Copied the original file from Springboard.app and dumped it into my theme's com.apple.Springboard folder, SB crashed.

2) Replaced the original icons with the ones from my theme ( to ensure i did not leave out any critical icons), SB crashed.

3) Removed all the .lproj folders and respring, SB crashed.

4) Removed all .plist and file, left with only original apple icons and my theme's icon, SB did not crash but no effect.

So, i think its something to do with the plist.. (gonna start digging into the plist soon... sigh...)

Please feel free to contribute more workaround...
    Last edited by Benson1334; 2010-10-16 at 06:02 PM.

Default Folder switching bg help! (SOLVED!)
    Finally solved! For users encountering the same problem where the wallpaper gone missing while opening folders:

Create another homescreen image and rename it as:

HomeBackground.png

and dump the image in:

//var/stash/Themes/xxxx.theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard

Respring!

That's all folks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0271-1-.png  

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Benson1334 For This Useful Post:

calfergo (2010-10-24)