Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help with replacing fonts (iOS 4.1)

Exclamation Need help with replacing fonts (iOS 4.1)
    Alright, so I've been working away at my Team Fortress 2 theme, and I want to replace some fonts manually with iFunBox.

I've already read this guide on how to replace fonts, and I've got my replacement font (Team Fortress 2 font) sitting in a folder on my desktop.

I was reading the guide and I noticed it mentioned that you have to replace HelveticaNeue.ttc and Helvetica.ttc.

However, the Team Fortress 2 fontswap package only came with TTF's.

I have the Team Fortress 2-style LockClock.ttf, MarkerFeltThin.ttf, Helvetica.ttf and HelveticaBold.ttf. The package didn't come with HelveticaNeue.ttc or Helvetica.ttc though..

How do I get Helvetica.ttc and HelveticaNeue.ttc in Team Fortress 2 style font? Is there a way to get them via making copies of the TF2 Helvetica.ttf and renaming it to a .TTC?

Side note: The guide also lists PhoneKeyCaps.ttf and PhonepadTwo.ttf, but I'm skipping those because I have an iPod Touch 3G, not an iPhone

Wow. No responses. Guess I'll bump this for the heck of it, in hopes that someone here knows how to make .TTC's from .TTF's so I can finally begin work on re-fonting my iPod.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Oh wow, it's the exact guide I linked to in my original post, which I guess you didn't even read.

I've already read that guide, and it's where my problem comes from, so let me quote what my problem is again.

I was reading the guide and I noticed it mentioned that you have to replace HelveticaNeue.ttc and Helvetica.ttc.

However, the Team Fortress 2 fontswap package only came with TTF's.

I have the Team Fortress 2-style LockClock.ttf, MarkerFeltThin.ttf, Helvetica.ttf and HelveticaBold.ttf. The package didn't come with HelveticaNeue.ttc or Helvetica.ttc though..

How do I get Helvetica.ttc and HelveticaNeue.ttc in Team Fortress 2 style font? Is there a way to get them via making copies of the TF2 Helvetica.ttf and renaming it to a .TTC?
    Last edited by anonycanadian; 2010-10-18 at 10:27 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anonycanadian View Post
    Oh wow, it's the exact guide I linked to in my original post, which I guess you didn't even read.

I've already read that guide, and it's where my problem comes from, so let me quote what my problem is again.
    Missed the link in your post, sorry, good luck my friend. ((Way to jump down my throat btw))

Well I changed what I said (which was abit more jumpy) because I felt bad for sounding like a ****

But yeah, basically I've got the TF2 .TTF's, all labelled as Helvetica.ttf/HelveticaBold.ttf....but no HelveticaNeue....nor any TTC's.

This theme I'm making won't be released publicly as it's my first attempt at theming, and I've kinda taken and used some various custom TF2 style icons from other peoples skins on deviantART/from Cydia itself. It's basically just a "for me only" skin.

I want to get the TF2 theme going on my iPod but this .TTC problem has me stuck at a roadblock with no way around it. I'm hoping someone here knows about TTC files and how to properly/safely convert TTF files into TTC, or if anyone has various Team Fortress 2 style TTC files.

Thanks

You know, I read hundreds and hundreds of posts per day moderating and trying to help members, and yes, I do miss some things sometimes. But I felt you were taking out your frustration towards me. Not a great way to get help.
    So.............................

Try this.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2010-10-19 at 03:34 AM.

I know, being a forum admin is hard, but you're doing an excellent job. Thanks for the new info, and no hard feelings?