Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Icon Shadow - removed

Default Icon Shadow - removed
    If this is a duplicate post then I apologize but I have not seen this fix here as of yet. I was able to get rid of those pesky Shadow Boxes around my icons on 4.0 , 4.0.1 and 4.1. I used iBlank to do it. There is a Winterboard theme named No Icon Shadows - iBlank that is installed with iBlank that removes the shadow box. Here is a pic of my current theme with this enabled.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -iphonephoto.png  

Quote Originally Posted by Rusnew2 View Post
    If this is a duplicate post then I apologize but I have not seen this fix here as of yet. I was able to get rid of those pesky Shadow Boxes around my icons on 4.0 , 4.0.1 and 4.1. I used iBlank to do it. There is a Winterboard theme named No Icon Shadows - iBlank that is installed with iBlank that removes the shadow box. Here is a pic of my current theme with this enabled.
    System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

[email protected]

Renames this file with ifile or SSh
    Last edited by Miller75; 2010-10-14 at 10:30 PM.

***just for information if someone is interested***

ive just tried this and on my 3gs ios4 and it works a treat. i didnt mess around with the original file or location. i made a new .png file and put it into my theme folder. here's how i did it.

using photoshop (or similar program) make a canvas size 103 x 103 with full transparency. then save it as a WallpaperIconShadow.png to your desktop or folder. then SSH the file into ***your theme***/Bundles/com.apple.springboard folder. then re-spring your phone. the icons shadow should now be gone.

job done.

---EDIT---
    for those that dont have photoshop or similar programs, i have now attached the file to this post. just download it and copy it to the theme folder that i mentioned above.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -wallpapericonshadow.png  
    Last edited by oldgit9; 2010-10-16 at 05:54 PM.