Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Icon change - black thing around it

Default Icon change - black thing around it
    I have an app, HeyWire and I wanted to change the icon. It's not update for Retina, by the way.
    So, I canged the icons inside the folder of the app and respringed.. The icon is there with an ugly black thing around it. I also created a theme with winterboard and the same damn thing is happening. The icon I am replacing it with is an HD one. What the hell is happening?

Wondering the same thing. I made a crude theme for my 3GS that I just transferred over to my newly JBed iphone 4 running 4.1. My icons now have the gray/black box around them. In fact, my theme was so crude the icon sizes didn't match up to the standard sizes, and I just noticed when I click on a icon the gray box shows up around it. I took a screenshot of me clicking on Photos. Notice the gray boxes around the icons on my dock.

Edit: I found that installing iBlank and enabling No Icon Shadows - iBlank got rid of the background boxes, but sill need to find a fix for the box that shows when I click on an app.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.png  
    Last edited by Crafty42; 2010-10-11 at 07:24 PM.

Sorry I am not the best help for this...

I can tell you from "My" experience that I was NEVER EVER able to get icons to work UNLESS they were a SPECIFIC size.

All my icons are the size as such (iPhone 4)(For 3GS you should be able to just half them)

App Store App - 140 x 140
    Cydia Store App - 118 x 120
    Folder Icon - 118 x 120

Dunno if this helps....