Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Creating Floating Icons Help

Default Creating Floating Icons Help
    Hello,

I am trying to create floating icons (i dont know if im saying it right).

Meaning i dont want boxed icons, Like a twitter icon, i just want the icon to look like a bird and not a bird in a square box.

I made an icon using transparent BG in photoshop, but i still cannot get it to work. The icon shows up as a bird inside a black square box.

I would appreciate any help as to how i can remove that black area from the sides.

Thanks

You mean something like this.....

Yes. I understand the icon floating on a transparent back. I did he same. But when I use the icons, including yours, I get black fill where it's supposed to be traparent.

Hmmm, not to sure then. I normally save the icon as app name making sure it's a .png and then over write the exsisting icon in winscp.

Here , this is what im talking about, i just replaced the icon you sent me , with the original icon name in twitter app using CyberDuck and IphoneBrowser. The icon changed, but see what happened.

Ive attached the image.

Anyone can help?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -untitled.png  

Quote Originally Posted by biggy52 View Post
    Here , this is what im talking about, i just replaced the icon you sent me , with the original icon name in twitter app using CyberDuck and IphoneBrowser. The icon changed, but see what happened.

Ive attached the image.

Anyone can help?
    This worked for me

[ame=http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=918685]Icon Modding: how to remove black icon mattes? - Mac Forums[/ame]

Thanks, that article worked for me too. But only flattened all my non floating icons. I guess there is no work around for that, is there?

Quote Originally Posted by biggy52 View Post
    Thanks, that article worked for me too. But only flattened all my non floating icons. I guess there is no work around for that, is there?
    I don't think so, the only way around it is to change all of your icons

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks
    Can Anyone Help? I created myself a few icons about a year ago or so, but I used some lightweight small graphics program. I could have swore there was a tutorial about it somehwere. Now I don't have it anymore and want it back. I don't have photoshop, not an option. Can anyone list some grapic programs that will make "floating" type icons? I jsut tried Inkscape but I cannot figure it out. Basciallt want to take an image, trim it, cut out sections for transparency. I attached two I made long ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images