Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to make a theme

Default How to make a theme
    I apologize if this is in the wrong place but I want to make my own theme and I have no clue how to start it. If anyone knows where there are any tutorials it would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Retrospect's Avatar
    Thanks

Last edited by Retrospect; 2010-09-17 at 06:29 PM.
    Check out my theme Réalité HD: Here!
    <Donate> if you want to help me and support my themes.

The links are for Iphone 4 and I have a Iphone 3G.Does it matter?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Retrospect's Avatar
    Thanks

Only the last one is for iphone 4, the top 3 is theming help and tips for iOS4 which most people have updated for in their iDevices.
    Check out my theme Réalité HD: Here!
    <Donate> if you want to help me and support my themes.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

The easiest way I learned was to download a theme and dissect it. I looked at how to name files and what files/folders are needed for different things like UI sounds, Bundles, etc.

The best thing for you to do is grab a theme that you like and study it on your computer. Open it up and look at what you're dealing with. It takes time but eventually you'll learn the basics and advance from what you learn just by experimenting with themes.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

bigwill722 (2010-09-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    The easiest way I learned was to download a theme and dissect it. I looked at how to name files and what files/folders are needed for different things like UI sounds, Bundles, etc.

The best thing for you to do is grab a theme that you like and study it on your computer. Open it up and look at what you're dealing with. It takes time but eventually you'll learn the basics and advance from what you learn just by experimenting with themes.
    i totally agree...im trying to make my own theme and personally, just reading the above guides isn't the best way of making a theme. don't get me wrong, yes they are very helpful, but for the likes of me ( a noob to theme making), they can be a bit confusing.

i have downloaded several different types of themes (ios 3 and 4) and studied the way they have made and tried to incorporate it into my theme, without blatantly copying the original theme maker. it is definitely harder than it sounds in my experience. like i said, im not trying to copy other peoples work. but i will have too at some point in time....and they will get a mention in the credits of the theme.