Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Icon Trouble

Default Icon Trouble
    Ok so im modifying a theme, ive created the icon i want to use for the app but i dont know what to call the .png so it will show up correctly.

The app icon im trying to change is "Camera Plus Pro" and ive tried several different variants to get it to work such as "CameraPlus.png", "CameraPlusPro.png" and "CCPro.png"...all to no avail.

Is there an easy, sure fire way to figure out what i should call this dang png so my icon will show up?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It's DisplayName.png

If it displays Camera Plus Pro on your springboard name the icon Camera Plus Pro.png

Thats what I originally thought..."AppName.app = IconName.png", right?

For some reason that doesnt work. I dont see why Camera Plus Pro is giving me so much trouble.

One of my other apps is weird too, Awesome Note's app name and png dont match up. For awesome note its "Awesome Note.app = aNote.png". So im guessing Camera Plus Pro has a similar glitch.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

No you didn't understand what I told you. Not Appname.app is what you have to name your icon. It is the name that you see under the icon when you look at your springboard.

So if you look at Awesome Note you will see that on the Springboard it has the name aNote. That is why the icon has the name aNote.png (pay attention on the case sensitivity).

Ohhh ok, gotcha. Yeah this theme gets rid of the names under the icons, thats why i was kinda lost.

You were right though, and thanks for the help. Cheers.