Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem Changing Icons

Default Problem Changing Icons
    I have tried going into the icon folder using diskaid to make sure the icons have been named correctly and they are however winterboard does not replace some of them. Bellow you can see what i mean, most of the icons have been replaced but some of them haven't. Im using the glaskart theme however i have had the same problem with every other theme ive tried using. Im running iOS 4.0.1 on an iphone 3GS.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Download the Forum Icons of Glasklart from your iPhone to your computer and take a look inside the Icons directory. There you will find all icons and how they are named in the theme.

Best way is to create an own theme directory with the Icons directory in it where you put in all the missing icons with the correct name (DisplayName.png). My themes has the name "Missing Icons.theme" for example. That is to make sure that the icons don't get deleted when an update of Glasklart comes out.

Hey man I hav managed to Download the forum icons to my desktop however I'm unsure where to create the directory and how to I make and then activate the theme on winterboard? Could you message me your email or msn?

Thanks!

Thanks

I don't mean the icons here on the forum. It's a theme folder on your iPhone which is called Glasklart Forum Icons.theme

i know this, i used diskaid to copy the folder from the root of my iphone to my desktop but how do i replace the icons?

Thanks

Okay.. now use your Explorer and look inside the Icons-folder. You will see tons of icons. Find the ones that are not replaced (or others you would like use instead) and copy them outside into a different folder.

Next step go to your Themes folder on your iPhone and create a new folder named Glasklart Missing Icons.theme (or whatever name you want to give it). Go inside this folder and create one more named Icons. Put all the icons you have in your new folder on your desktop into this Icons folder.

The icons has to have the following name structure: DisplayName.png for example the one for photos has to be Photos.png. Be careful because it's case sensitive so photos.png won't work.

After finishing these steps go to Winterboard and manage your themes. You will see your new Theme at the top of the themes list. Activate it and close Winterboard. Your iPhone will automatically respring and voila the icons are changed.

You can also use this way for apps where Glasklart has no icon for. Find one that fits the app. Put it inside your own Missing Icons theme. Rename the file. Respring.

I followed the above steps buddy with no luck here are screen grabs to show whats happening on my end:

I have tried re springing, i have made sure the icon names are exactly the same as the app names still with no luck.
    Last edited by Linners; 2010-09-07 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Okay try deleting all files inside /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.IconsCache and respring.

Quote Originally Posted by x5c0d3 View Post
    Okay try deleting all files inside /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.IconsCache and respring.
    i just deleted every file in that directory and rebooted/respringed still with no luck

Thanks

You see me completely clueless now. Sorry It cannot be Glasklart that makes problems because I also use Glaklart together with my Own Icons theme and it works like a charm.