Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: making larger icon sizes + 4.0 + piccies

Default making larger icon sizes + 4.0 + piccies
    okies, so I know most icons are 124 x 124.

In my naruto theme I used the button as the bg and overlayed a character (usually larger then the icon button itself).
    eg

this was done by increasing the image size to 90 * 90 vs the 90 60 x 60. This kept the lets call it rounded rectangle / button the same size as a standard button but allowed more room around it.

So I'm trying to update my simpsons theme with decent icons.
    eg

but with the new 4.0 I can't figure out the icon size to let me do it. It just keeps making the image smaller. Tried same ratio, ie 60 : 90 = 1.5

124: 186 = 1.5

any suggestions?

cheers
    V
    Follow me on twitter @inappmatt check out my YouTube stupidity Youtube.com/Inappropriatematt (NSFW)

anyone

very frustrating.. I can do it ok using 90 x 90 but that looks bad on the new retina display...once you have hdd theres no going back...would really appreciate assistance.

cheers
    v
    Follow me on twitter @inappmatt check out my YouTube stupidity Youtube.com/Inappropriatematt (NSFW)

Not possible with the current winterboard... I dont know if it will ever be. I think maybe Saurik is too busy counting our money. All the issues with winterboard and even Cydia itself have gone unresolved and apparently ignored for months now.

Have you ever noticed how the main page of Cydia still says...
    "Upgrading to 3.1.3? Read This"

Retina mode will resize your icons to 118x120 no matter what you do.
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Cheers I'll try a minor workaround. Just back off the icon button size within the 120 restraint. Cheers