Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pick and choose theme icons?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Pick and choose theme icons?
    OK, I am using a 3Gs running 4.0.1

My question is this:

Can I take the icons from themes that I like and mash them into a custom theme?

For instance, there are a couple of icons that I love from buuf2 and a couple from one of the starwars ones, family guy, fallout3 etc., but I'm not sold on the theme in general? I have iVillain with the flip clock thing and I love it.

Can I just copy them with fugu to my mac, and then make a new theme and run that over iVillain?

Ive tried looking for them through fugu and I can see the file "camera.png" in the icons folder of one of the fallout 3 themes, but when I copy it to my computer, there is no actual image when I try to open it. Preview opens with just a little blank gray screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And if it pisses the guys off who made the themes and the community, then I won't bother obviously.

Thanks.

create a new folder in the themes folder called "what ever u want" then put a folder in that called "Icons" then just copy all of the icons that you want to use in to it and put it at the top of your list in winter board.

i dont think people mind as long as you dont pass their hard work off as ur own. and if you do post a theme with other peoples stuff then give them some credit for it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dozer 360 For This Useful Post:

LennyTheDub (2010-08-27)

My iPhone is a Part of Me shellbell1471's Avatar
    Thanks

there is also an app on cydia called iconharvester which lists alot of themes and what it does basically is you can pick the icons from any theme and then use it for another theme they are also customizable if the themes have more than one icon for a certain app.