Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Multiple Theme Folders?

Default Multiple Theme Folders?
    When I SSH into my iPhone, I notice I have 4 different "theme"-type folders under /private/var/stash

- Themes
    - Themes.2ghAwG
    - Themes.3cY4Zn
    - Themes.9Ybx6d

All the Winterboard themes appear in the last folder (Themes.9Ybx6d). There's nothing in the other folders whatsosver, and I'm wondering what purpose they serve. I've been having trouble uploading a custom Battery theme and I'm wondering if the multiple folders are one of the reasons.

Delete the empty ones. The folders shouldn't really affect the battery theme.
    Last edited by blu3frost; 2010-08-28 at 05:57 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blu3frost For This Useful Post:

MN1987 (2010-08-26)

Deleted all the empty folders... but still no luck with the battery theme. Any ideas?

Whats the theme? What phone are you using and whats the firmware?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to blu3frost For This Useful Post:

MN1987 (2010-08-26)

iPhone 4 on 4.0.1.

Here's the theme folder: RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting. Can't find the post I found the icons on in the forum... but yeah... when I upload it to the appropriate folder nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

Okay see, that battery has not been properly setup for the iPhone 4. What you need to do is copy all the files and label them without the "@2x" Then open them in Photoshop or likewise, shrink all to half the size so 50%. Save them, copy them back into the same folder so you should have 2 files of each, only the second one should be labeled with a "@2x" and should be twice the size. SSH and enable in Winterboard.

To see an example, check this battery:

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...y-hd-beta.html

9. The Following User Says Thank You to blu3frost For This Useful Post:

MN1987 (2010-08-26)

Ohhh... I understood that only the "2x" labels were required. Didn't know the rest. Thanks man!

No worries man, enjoy

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Still having difficulties after making the specified corrections. What am I doing wrong this time?

Folders are incorrectly labeled. Rename like so:

Beer Mug Battery.theme/Folders/SpringBoard.app/

The rest is fine:

14. The Following User Says Thank You to blu3frost For This Useful Post:

MN1987 (2010-08-28)