Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I screwed up my winterboard by renaming my Themes folder

Default I screwed up my winterboard by renaming my Themes folder
    Someone, please help. I read that the name of the themes folder is supposed to be 'Themes', but mine was Themes.xxxxx - where I don't remember what the xxxxx is because I removed it and was unable to undo the changes. pretty dumb, yea i know already so don't point that out to me. I tried re-installing winterboard but now i can't get past a certain screen telling me 'attempting to overwrite Library/themes'. I can't install themes either. Once I renamed the folder, the themes that i had previously installed were removed. I'm going to try removing winterboard and re-installing it. I noticed that there can be different folder name suffixes for the themes folder. Is there a way to know what my folder should be called or am i s.o.l?

FYI, i was able to get it back going by removing winterboard and installing it again. i will never rename that folder again.
    Last edited by Justinbeeler; 2010-08-24 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You can also just open an SSH connection to your iDevice. Then go to /Library and look where the symbolic Link named Themes is showing to. You will seek the name of the Themes-Folder.
    Code:
    cd /Library
    ls -al | grep Themes