Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to add Ringtone to a custom .theme

Lightbulb How to add Ringtone to a custom .theme
    Hello, I am trying to create a custom theme with custom ringtones. I am wondering what folder/path do the ringtones need to be in the .theme folder? I cannot download a ringtone from cydia as an example since it will auto install into my ringtones on my iphone. So, where should they be in order to copy correctly and be able to be selected by the user after install? I did a search but could not find any information, thanks.

So, I tried to add it the the root of the .theme folder and no luck. Then I tried to add it to a folder path -Library->Ringtones and still no luck. PLEASE can anyone tell me how to add custom ringtones to a theme, someone has to know on this forum.....there is a cookie in it for you!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Ssh them to private/var/stash/ringtones

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbourn View Post
    Ssh them to private/var/stash/ringtones
    Thanks, but I am trying to add them as part of a theme so when they install the theme, the ringtones will be available to choose from. I can add it manually but this is for the users of Cydia. So, how do other users get the ringtone?

Thanks

You can't add ringtones as part of a theme as far as I know. But you can add sounds for texts emails unlock/lock in a UISounds folder but no ringtones. You could have the ringtones in the file but the enduser would have to manually relocate the file to private/var/stash/ringtones and then respring and after set the ringtone you want in settings.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wilbourn For This Useful Post:

SuddleD (2010-08-26)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbourn View Post
    You can't add ringtones as part of a theme as far as I know. But you can add sounds for texts emails unlock/lock in a UISounds folder but no ringtones. You could have the ringtones in the file but the enduser would have to manually relocate the file to private/var/stash/ringtones and then respring and after set the ringtone you want in settings.
    Ok, maybe thats why its so hard to figure out. I will see what I can do.
    So next question, how to properly format a ringtone theme? Do I just make a folder with Ringtone.theme and have the Ringtone.m4r inside, or do I have to make it: Ringtone.theme/Library/Ringtones/Ringtone.m4r?
    Last edited by SuddleD; 2010-08-26 at 01:52 AM.
    Current Cydia Themes:We Out Here HD Battery, We Out Here HD Slider, Hotpa Slider HD,The Japas iPhone 4 Slider, Hotpa iPhone Slider, The Japas iPhone Slider

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SuddleD View Post
    Ok, maybe thats why its so hard to figure out. I will see what I can do, or yeah, just have a serpate theme, for that I guess you just put a ringtone in a .theme folder?
    No, well you could but either way it's still the same. You could go "name of theme.theme" and add a ringtone with a readme.txt noting that the enduser needs to relocate the ringtone. No matter your path or plan of attack, either way the end user will have to SSH the ringtone manually. You could go the long route and submit the ringtone to cydia as a separate download, but that's much more trouble than SSHing it yourself (if you have a JB iPhone and theme/tweak your iPhone and don't know how to SSH then either something is wrong with you or your new to the scene......not knocking you by anymeans, so don't take it that way, but those are the only solutions to not knowing).

Well, then how do they package normal ringtones via cydia, you can download many on there. So do they just zip the .m4r and upload it or do you have to make a Name.theme folder to have it work? Has anyone submitted ringtones here? What is the process.

EDIT: I was told to just zip a .m4r and submit that so I guess I will have to do them separately. Thx.
    Last edited by SuddleD; 2010-08-27 at 08:15 AM.
    Current Cydia Themes:We Out Here HD Battery, We Out Here HD Slider, Hotpa Slider HD,The Japas iPhone 4 Slider, Hotpa iPhone Slider, The Japas iPhone Slider