Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cannot get any theme to install fully. Icons are default (iphn4)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Cannot get any theme to install fully. Icons are default (iphn4)
    I cannot get any themes to install correctly on my iphone 4. The backgrounds show up and the lock screens but the icons are always default.

The strange part about this is my buddies iphone 4 installs them completely with out a hiccup. What is up with that???

Any help would be great.

Thank you

Dude, I feel you, I'm about to un-jailbreak my **** because the ******* thing won't theme and the only reason I JB is to theme - such ********. I've got NineHD loaded on my phone and the only thing modified to it is exactly what you explained - like one icon overlays, background, lockscreen, sounds, that's IT. No UI of any sort, no phone dialer, calculator etc etc etc etc - like 1/10th of my phone is actually themed. Yes summerboard mode is off. Over this BS.

I havnt jailbroke my iPhone so idk!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Good info MindGem! Lol

Anyone know what's going on? I really don't understand how my buddies phone worksjust fine with themes but mine doesn't.

Thanks

iPhone4's have different setup than other phones, you have to use theme's specifically made for iPhone4.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

And how am I suppose to know which ones are for iphone4? Thanks for the info. I thought that might be the reason but my buddies works with themes we've both downloaded and installed and mine wasn't working. That said I would still like to know how to determine what themes r for the 4

NineHD is made for iPhone 4, and yet mine still doesn't get themed.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Didn't you pay for that theme? I'd be contacting winterboard maker and find out what's going on. I haven't paid for one and don't plan on it until I know winterboard is functioning 100% for the 4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chad711 View Post
    And how am I suppose to know which ones are for iphone4? Thanks for the info. I thought that might be the reason but my buddies works with themes we've both downloaded and installed and mine wasn't working. That said I would still like to know how to determine what themes r for the 4
    They say "Made for iPhone4"

Does anyone have any insight on this? I'm having a problem with mine also, it doesn't matter what theme i ssh or download they never come up fully.

Thanks

It has to be made specifically for the iPhone 4....... ... ... . .... .......

Make sure:

1. You're downloading an iPhone 4 theme
    2. Summerboard mode is ON
    3. Your cache is cleared. You can do this in Rock. It's somewhere in settings. Or just ssh and delete the IconCache (it's named slighty different, I can't remember) folder in /var/mobile/Library/caches
    4. You've deselected and reselected the theme in winterboard. (no need for a respring in between)

If you've done all this, and it still doesn't work, you're in the same boat as me. And the boat ******* sucks.
    Last edited by KaleXD; 2010-08-18 at 08:18 AM. Reason: forgot a few words

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Seems like iphone 4 themes work fine for me but doesn't seem like there is to may of them. I don't need summer board mode for it