Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: O2-UK Carrier Logo @2x iP4

Default O2-UK Carrier Logo @2x iP4
    Hi,

I have been trying for awhile to make a new carrier logo for my iphone 4,
    as its O2-UK, there are 2 locations for the carrier bundles:

1. /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/O2_UK.bundle/
    2. /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/O2_UK.bundle/

As i dont want to use winterboard,manual themeing is my only option. I have completed remove all carrier icons (FSO and Default) and tried to replace with my own.

No matter where i place the @2x.png images, neither can be displayed on the phone.

so what im asking is:

1. Which location do i need to place my custom carrier logos.
    2. Can some one re-upload the default carrier logo's as i have deleted my O2-UK ones (from both locations).
    3. What is the correct size and resolution (and bit-rate) for a high res carrier logo and also a standard one.

Has any1 on O2-UK got a custom carrier logo working (without winterboard) in high-res?

I will be extremely grateful to anyone that can help.

Like A Boss

I've got it to work with Winterboard, but not in high res though. The image distorts for some reason.

Why don't you wanna use Winterboard?

just trying to speed things up, but you still couldnt getn @2x to work?

Can you upload your default logos bro pleasE?

Like A Boss

Sorry dude I deleted them out of frustation, although I can tell you what the I did.

I had two images:

[email protected] png (78 x 40)
    [email protected] png (78 x 40)

I uploaded them to the usual themes folder:

O2 [email protected]g
    O2 [email protected]

Enabled in Winterboard, but like i said, it came out blurry and all so i just gave up in the end.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you manage to nail this one.
    Last edited by blu3frost; 2010-08-15 at 02:46 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to blu3frost For This Useful Post:

metaljay (2010-08-15)

Thanks, bro, no matter what i do, cannot get the @2x to work
    Hopefully some one will soon and post a guide

Like A Boss

Sure no worries man, have a read through this if you haven't already, it might help:

http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-th...phone-4-a.html

yeh saw that but they also had problems getting the @2x to work,

Like A Boss

I tried getting the AT&T logo to work and was able too but it came out half the size it should have. Same with an Apple Logo I used. I have no idea how to do this in winterboard but sounds to me, people are having a hard time do that also.

managed to find a fix, seems it cannot be done without winterboard on O2-UK as the default folder doesnt allow @2x images, but when using winterboard, it allows this.

Add images in @2x file name to:

/private/var/stash/Themes/Custom.theme/Bundles/com.apple.O2_UK/De[email protected]
    [email protected][email protected]

Like A Boss

Quote Originally Posted by metaljay View Post
    managed to find a fix, seems it cannot be done without winterboard on O2-UK as the default folder doesnt allow @2x images, but when using winterboard, it allows this.

/private/var/stash/Themes/Custom.theme/Bundles/com.apple.O2_UK/De[email protected]
    I do not have a folder called "Custom.theme". Do I need to create it or download something from cydia?

Edit: I figured it out, now how do you make the images larger? This has been my biggest problem so far. I also downloaded an Apple image and same thing.

Here is what it looks like

Last edited by nygfan07; 2010-08-15 at 05:23 PM.

i did mine at 75x30 pixels, enlargen your image but do not exceed 75x40

Like A Boss

Nice one. I could have sworn thats the method I described earlier, unless it wasn't clear .

You got a logo for O2?

Quote Originally Posted by nygfan07 View Post
    Edit: I figured it out, now how do you make the images larger?
    Enlarge the image, make it twice as big and then upload it.
    Last edited by blu3frost; 2010-08-15 at 05:56 PM.

Yeh it was, but i was trying not to use winterboard...no just did my name.
    You sort yours?

Like A Boss

i did mine at 75x30 pixels, enlargen your image but do not exceed 75x40
    Gotcha, what is the best way to keep that clear background? When I go to edit it in Paint, the back ground turns to a solid white.

Yeh it was, but i was trying not to use winterboard...no just did my name.
    You sort yours?
    As it turns out, the distortion was because the image I was using was low res. I'm too lazy make one of my own, so im waiting till someone makes one for O2.

On a side note, you know anything about fonts bro? I'm having an issue and wondering if you knew anything:

http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-th...ont-issue.html

Gotcha, what is the best way to keep that clear background? When I go to edit it in Paint, the back ground turns to a solid white.
    Don't use Paint as it does not save the alpha channel. Use Photoshop or something similar.

I got it, found an online resizing one. Thanks, I got it to work. I would love to see an HD one. It's much better but a little fuzzy.

Last edited by nygfan07; 2010-08-15 at 06:43 PM.

I got it, found an online resizing one. Thanks, I got it to work. I would love to see an HD one. It's much better but a little fuzzy.
    Thats exactly what happened to me, so I took it off. If you know your way around Photoshop, make one yourself

I don't but I might just give it a try.

This is a known issue, currently no fix for it. Also happens with other apps such as Cydia. Can be fixed for most apps if you do a manual overwrite.

Read this for more info:

http://modmyi.com/forums/winterboard...erts-back.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast