Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is there a way to export UI images from native apps?

Default Is there a way to export UI images from native apps?
    Everytime I try to copy a UI image from a native app like say the camera icon from the messages app... when I try to load it into photoshop it gives me an error,
    "Could not complete your request because the file format module could not parse the file."
    WTF does this mean? The images are encrypted? Any way around it?

Seriously?? I figured you'd be the LAST guy around here to ask a question like this! Google and download a program called "fix-png", it converts the OS png files so they can be viewed and edited in PhotoShop or whatever. The files DO NOT need to be converted back to be used in your theme.

I just fell for a joke right???

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    Everytime I try to copy a UI image from a native app like say the camera icon from the messages app... when I try to load it into photoshop it gives me an error,
    "Could not complete your request because the file format module could not parse the file."
    WTF does this mean? The images are encrypted? Any way around it?
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!