Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Removing slide to stop alarm string in ios4

Default Removing slide to stop alarm string in ios4
    hey so apparently the slide to stop alarm string was changed in ios4 since even when using

<key>ALARM_LOCK_LABEL</key>
    <string> </string>

in the springboard.strings file it results in "slide to stop alarm" still showing when the alarm goes off. not a huge deal but using a custom slider it would be nice to have it removed. anyone know the correct key in ios4?

last one i suppose

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default I would like to know too
    I have tried everything. I can tweak the strings on the phone using iFile in the MobileTImer.app/English.lproj/Localizable.strings and get what I want, but I can't find a way to make Winterboard do it.

I found the file where it is in, but then you have to edit that file which means it's not via winterboard.

Quote Originally Posted by fakeyfakerson View Post

ALARM_LOCK_LABEL

SOLUTION:
    Winterboard route:

THEME/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/en.lproj/Springboard.strings

To edit the quoted string simple do this:
    "ALARM_LOCK_LABEL" = "Your words here";

The quotes must be there for it to work

Please thank me on site

Yep... that doesn't work... already tried that (maybe it works on older ios-es but i'm trying to do this on ios 4).

The point is that the alarm_lock_label is not defined in the springboard but in the localizable.strings of the mobiletimer.app.
    Making a folder in Themes\[theme_name]\Folders\ called mobiletimer.app with in there the language folder and in it the edited strings file did not work.
    Making a com.apple.mobiletimer folder within Themes\[theme_name]\Bundles\ and putting the language folder with the edited strings file in it, did not have any affect either.

ow and btw, your missing a ; at the end, but thats more of a note for everyone who wants to try your option.
    Last edited by little_ghost; 2010-11-05 at 11:44 PM.

That's curious cause that should work even for mobile timers in the Springboard.strings

yeah.... well... the sms label didn't work but then I "remembered" that i am actually using bitSMS so
    I made a biteSMS.app folder in Themes\[theme_name]\Folders\ with in it nl.lproj\biteSMS.strings and that worked
    so i tried the smae thing for hte mobiletimer but it didn't work

It worked for me on 3GS 4.1
    See pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

Hmmm... intresting..... not very helpfull but intresting nevertheless :P

Quote Originally Posted by little_ghost View Post
    Hmmm... intresting..... not very helpfull but intresting nevertheless :P
    What do u mean not helpful? That code works for the iPhone 3G and 3GS
    Your probably coding it wrong or in the wrong directory, where are you placing the file?

What I meant is that it is not helpfull since it is working with you, but not with me.

I've just tried it again, on bot 4 and 3g (both running 4.1).

Phone 3G\Library\Themes\test.theme\Bundles\com.apple.spr ingboard\nl.lproj\SpringBoard.strings
    and
    Phone 4\Library\Themes\test.theme\Bundles\com.apple.spri ngboard\nl.lproj\SpringBoard.strings

Neither of them work.

Whenever the alarm goes of the text is there but when I push the power button (screen goes black but alarm keeps going) and I push te home button to activate the sceen again, the text is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by little_ghost View Post
    What I meant is that it is not helpfull since it is working with you, but not with me.

I've just tried it again, on bot 4 and 3g (both running 4.1).

Phone 3G\Library\Themes\test.theme\Bundles\com.apple.spr ingboard\nl.lproj\SpringBoard.strings
    and
    Phone 4\Library\Themes\test.theme\Bundles\com.apple.spri ngboard\nl.lproj\SpringBoard.strings

Neither of them work.

Whenever the alarm goes of the text is there but when I push the power button (screen goes black but alarm keeps going) and I push te home button to activate the sceen again, the text is gone.
    Does the slide to unlock and the other strings work?

Ps its Springboard.strings not SpringBoard.strings there is a difference

Quote Originally Posted by shanejoe View Post
    Does the slide to unlock and the other strings work?

Ps its Springboard.strings not SpringBoard.strings there is a difference
    the other labels I have in there, like AWAY_LOCK_LABEL and SYNC_IN_PROGRES, are working like a charm.

I tried that, but when I use Springboard in stead of SpringBoard, none of the labels work anymore.
    Last edited by little_ghost; 2010-11-06 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

DOesnt work for me either, on 3gs running 4.0. Seen this solution and tried it a while ago, but never works.

If you can go find the original SpringBoard string not the winterboard one then your problem will be solved, chances are that either another winterboard theme is changing it to that line or it's coded wrong somehow in the OS

Read above comment

I now see that you working inside the nl.lproj/SpringBoard
    That could be the problem you should be in the en.lproj folder for english

I know, but since i'm Dutch and I'm living in Holland my iphone is dutch as well as are all the onscreen labels, hence the nl.lproj folder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast