Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Removing slide to stop alarm string in ios4

tested on english 3GS ios4.1.
    method does not work. still shows "slide to stop alarm"

Yeah your right same here, that code worked on 3.1.3 and back sry

BUMP

And it doesn't override slide to stop timer HELP

Theme Creator
    Thanks

I am having the same issue. I have tried all of the above, with no luck at all. So I guess this is a bump...again.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I don't even see anything about it in the original apple SpringBoard.strings file. Is it just missing?

Theme Creator
    Thanks

I don't know. I'm sure it has a different name, but [I] can't seem to find it. And iStrings (don't use it on 4.1) and MyStrings don't seem to work on it either.

i know that this is an old thread but i got the slide to stop alarm gone on lock screen on ios 4.2 by editing the Localizable.strings Under /Applications/Mobile Timmer.app/English.lproj Directory

I couldnt get it to work in winterboard tho. Oh well its gone tho... Hope this helps anyone..

Has anyone found a Winterboard solution for this yet?

I set my power button to unlock on double tap then just push power again to lock, it works well with the alarm when it's in my pocket

I'm running an iPod touch 4g with 5.01 I need the factory MobileTImer.app/English.lproj/Localizable.strings file if someone can supply it that would be great. When I opened it to change my "slide to stop alarm" string it is defferent than the normal Springboard string file. It's all in one long continuous string as apposed to each command having its own line.
    Now when the alarm goes off I get ALARM_DEFAULT_TITLE for the snooze (which I never changed) and ALARM_LOCK_LABLE instesd of "slide to stop alarm"
    Any help would be great.

Thanks......Ken

Quote Originally Posted by TaraFirma View Post
    I'm running an iPod touch 4g with 5.01 I need the factory MobileTImer.app/English.lproj/Localizable.strings file if someone can supply it that would be great. When I opened it to change my "slide to stop alarm" string it is defferent than the normal Springboard string file. It's all in one long continuous string as apposed to each command having its own line.
    Now when the alarm goes off I get ALARM_DEFAULT_TITLE for the snooze (which I never changed) and ALARM_LOCK_LABLE instesd of "slide to stop alarm"
    Any help would be great.

Thanks......Ken
    That's happening from a theme u have turned on
    turn them all your themes off and watch it go back chances are itz a language plist or localization plist

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    That's happening from a theme u have turned on
    turn them all your themes off and watch it go back chances are itz a language plist or localization plist
    It was working just fine with the themes on. i went into the localizer.strings file In the MobileTimer app to change what it said when the alarm went off and thats when it started doing this. I changed it back to what it was before i changed it, but it is still messed up. I'd like to get the factory localizer.string file so that I can see what is different in mine.

It was working just fine with the themes on. i went into the localizer.strings file In the MobileTimer app to change what it said when the alarm went off and thats when it started doing this. I changed it back to what it was before i changed it, but it is still messed up. I'd like to get the factory localizer.string file so that I can see what is different in mine.
    You already have what u need
    goes off I get ALARM_DEFAULT_TITLE for the snooze (which I never changed) and ALARM_LOCK_LABLE instesd of "slide to stop alarm"
    Add a setting that says

<key>ALARM_DEFAULT_TITLE</key>
    <string>Snooze</string>

<key>ALARM_LOCK_LABEL</key>
    <string>Slide to stop alarm</string>
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 2012-03-28 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    You already have what u need

Add a setting that says

<key>ALARM_DEFAULT_TITLE</key>
    <string>Snooze</string>

<key>ALARM_LOCK_LABEL</key>
    <string>Slide to stop alarm</string>
    I'm not sure where to put it. It's not like the other strings files where everything is on its own line. This is one continuous line.
    Like this:
    bplist00)

!"#$%&'()*+*,-./012345-6789:;<=*>[email protected] EFGHIJKLM_RESUME_STOPWATCHZSTOP_WATCH[START_TIMER_NO_RESULTS_FOUNDVCANCEL_TOO_MANY_W ORLD_CLOCKS_BODY[EDIT_REPEAT[PAUSE_TIMER[WORLD_CLOCKUTODAY_TIMER_LOCK_LABEL_ALARM_LOCK_ LABEL_MARK_LAP_STOPWATCH\CANCEL_TIMERSSET_ALAR M_DEFAULT_TITLE_PAUSE_STOPWATCHZEDIT_SOUNDZSLEEP _IPODTSAVEXTOMORROW_RESET_STOPWATCH_START_STOP WATCH_LAP_INDICATOR_STOPWATCH_NO_WORLD_CLOCKS[EDIT_SNOOZE_CREATE_NEW_ALARM_TOO_MANY_WORLD_CL OCKS_TITLEYNO_ALARMS_SEARCH_FOR_CITY[ALARM_CLOCKROKZEDIT_LABELTBACKYYESTERDAY\RESUME_TI MERUTIMER_WHEN_TIMER_ENDS_COUNT_DOWN_TIME_REAC HEDTNONEZALARM_EDITUStartYStopwatch_No Results FoundVCancel_4Please delete a world clock before adding a new one.VRepeatUPause[World ClockUToday_slide to stop timer_slide to stop alarmSLapSSetUAlarmTStopUSoundZSleep iPodTSaveXTomorrowUResetVlap %d_No World ClocksVSnoozeYAdd Alarm_Too many world clocksYNo Alarms_(Search for a city to add to world clock.ULabelTBackYYesterdayVResumeUTimer_When Timer EndsZTimer DoneTNoneZEdit Alarm

Your using the wrong program to look at the code
    Try notepad
    Try textwrangler (Mac)

Or
    Use iFile and fix it while on the phone

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

TaraFirma (2012-03-28)

When opened with notepad it still is one long string. I don't understand why it's like this.

bplist00)

!"#$%&'()*+*,-./012345-6789:;<=*>[email protected] EFGHIJKLM_RESUME_STOPWATCHZSTOP_WATCH[START_TIMER_NO_RESULTS_FOUNDVCANCEL_TOO_MANY_W ORLD_CLOCKS_BODY[EDIT_REPEAT[PAUSE_TIMER[WORLD_CLOCKUTODAY_TIMER_LOCK_LABEL_ALARM_LOCK_ LABEL_MARK_LAP_STOPWATCH\CANCEL_TIMERSSET_ALAR M_DEFAULT_TITLE_PAUSE_STOPWATCHZEDIT_SOUNDZSLEEP _IPODTSAVEXTOMORROW_RESET_STOPWATCH_START_STOP WATCH_LAP_INDICATOR_STOPWATCH_NO_WORLD_CLOCKS[EDIT_SNOOZE_CREATE_NEW_ALARM_TOO_MANY_WORLD_CL OCKS_TITLEYNO_ALARMS_SEARCH_FOR_CITY[ALARM_CLOCKROKZEDIT_LABELTBACKYYESTERDAY\RESUME_TI MERUTIMER_WHEN_TIMER_ENDS_COUNT_DOWN_TIME_REAC HEDTNONEZALARM_EDITUStartYStopwatch_No Results FoundVCancel_4Please delete a world clock before adding a new one.VRepeatUPause[World ClockUToday_slide to stop timer_slide to stop alarmSLapSSetUAlarmTStopUSoundZSleep iPodTSaveXTomorrowUResetVlap %d_No World ClocksVSnoozeYAdd Alarm_Too many world clocksYNo Alarms_(Search for a city to add to world clock.ULabelTBackYYesterdayVResumeUTimer_When Timer EndsZTimer DoneTNoneZEdit Alarm

OK, got iFile and saw what it was supposed to look like in another language. I guess my editor corrupted the strings file. I got it running correctly now.
    Thank You BenderRodriguez!
    Last edited by TaraFirma; 2012-03-28 at 07:04 AM.

Sure thing please thank me on site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12