Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Could someone please help me with badges...please

Default Could someone please help me with badges...please
    Ive been searching and testing for two days and cant get my badges to change. Im on an iPhone 4 with Winterboard and iElegance.

Ive done every method possible and cant get the badge color to change. I would truly appreciate it if someone could get me to make these work. If you do i got $5 paypal deposit for you...

thanks

I got it to to work on a 4g ios4 phone. Attached is a template for you for winterboard. Just change the images. The current badges are pink stars, put whatever you want in it.

To use this theme, you need to SSH it in and then pull out the files.
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to galaxygrrl For This Useful Post:

Invader Zim (2010-08-08), VampireV (2010-08-12)

Quote Originally Posted by galaxygrrl View Post
    I got it to to work on a 4g ios4 phone. Attached is a template for you for winterboard. Just change the images. The current badges are pink stars, put whatever you want in it.

To use this theme, you need to SSH it in and then pull out the files.
    I unzipped it then added my own badges (Found on this site), then SSH the whole thing into /var/stash/Themes

it shows up in my winterboard list but the icons are still stock.

I really do appreciate you taking the time to help

You said to ssh it in and THEN pull out the files... im not sure i understand that step.
    Last edited by Invader Zim; 2010-08-08 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Last edited by galaxygrrl; 2010-08-08 at 01:25 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to galaxygrrl For This Useful Post:

Invader Zim (2010-08-08)

That changed the color!!!!!!

now they look like this.... stretched... i got them from the downloads page here

Oh,

I forgot to tell you you need to double the size of the image. I think it's 60x60 now. It might be fuzzy if you stretch it though. Do you know how to do that?

If it's not hi-res, the image will look fuzzy. You can just pull one off the internet. Let me know what help you need.

We are almost there.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to galaxygrrl For This Useful Post:

Invader Zim (2010-08-08)

60x60 pixels in photoshop right?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Working

If you have a paypal ill send you the $5!!!

Thank you sooooooo much.. I love this modding community.. This is fun even when its not working its fun
    Last edited by Invader Zim; 2010-08-08 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Don't worry about it. Just thought I would help a little. This community works because of karma.

Glad it's working.

Cheers,

Beth

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to galaxygrrl For This Useful Post:

Invader Zim (2010-08-08), jcarroll (2010-08-08)

Thanks

Based on galaxygrrl's tip, here's a round black reflective badge at 60x60. It was stretched, so if it looks fuzzy to ya on ur iPhone, don't use it.

BTW, looks huge here...but normal size on iPhone iOS4 screen.

And here are more...credit to xValidToasterx with BigBoss id com.planet-iphones.mattedbadges for original colored badges...I've only stretched them to 60x60...sorry, don't recall source of above black badge.

Drop these into a directory named /theme_name/Bundles/com.apple.springboard and then, if necessary, activate from Winterboard.
    For instance, I have the SpaceCamtessa theme with a black badge located at /private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/SpaceCamtessa/Bundles/com.apple.[email protected] ...SpaceCamtessa was already active on Winterboard, so I only needed to respring.
    If you download xValidToasterx's matte badges, then drop the associated colored [email protected] into each of the theme directories (along side the original SBBadgeBG.png) and respring, then they'll work for iOS4.
    If you're adding badges to a theme that didn't previously have them, you'll need to build the Bundles/com.apple.springboard directory within the theme dir.

Sorry, this was not meant to be a complete tutorial on badges. If you don't know how to gain file system access to your iPhone, dig the forum.
    Last edited by jcarroll; 2010-08-08 at 09:56 AM.

Thanks to everyone.

This weekend has been a blast just learning how to mod my phone..

iPhone? More like MyPhone skater38053's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Invader Zim View Post
    That changed the color!!!!!!

now they look like this.... stretched... i got them from the downloads page here

could you upload a picture of the blue badge Please??