Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Shadow/Overlay in Dock and Multitasking Dock

Default Shadow/Overlay in Dock and Multitasking Dock
    I'm having some problems with all themes in ios 4. All the icons in my dock have a dark greyish shadow around them, as if they're being pressed. Also, a double tap of the home button pulls up the multi-tasking toolbar thing and all the icons there have that too.

Any way to fix that?

I've tried searching the forums and most of the stuff people have posted doesn't work.

HELP! It looks ugly!

EDIT

Alright looks like I got the dock stuff worked out. The shadow file thing worked for most people (see below) and I had to just manually change the wallpapericonshadow files.

Still no solution found for getting the shadows outa the multitasking toolbar. Perhaps anyone knows where to look or at least what it'd be called in ios 4
    Last edited by md32903; 2010-08-07 at 12:34 AM.

I noticed that on a project I'm working on. I haven't seen it in the dock only in the multitask bar and it is happenin to all themed icon even mail phone and other icons that don't use the AppStore mask

Use file and look for a folder called SpringBoard scroll down and look for shadow png and rename them or just put the number 1 before the (shadow1.png) I had the same problem tweaked around and found it and I got iclocktopia working and it had shadows over it now it's good.

BigNightTrain - Iclocktopia on iPhone 4 - TwitVid
    Last edited by bignighttrain; 2010-08-06 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I had the same problem and the shadow .png solved the problem for the regular icons, but not the mulit task dock. anyone have a solution for that yet?

EDIT: I downloaded iFile and found SpringBoard in the Library, yet only 4 files (2 of them plist) and no shadow pngs????

Also, anyone find an answer to the multitask dock shadows?
    Last edited by md32903; 2010-08-06 at 11:51 PM.

Is this the folder you went too?

System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

It's in there and there are a lot of files in there

Yeah, I looked and it wasnt there. I ended up just changing the WallpaperIconDockShadow files and making them transparent in Photoshop instead of gray and SSHed em in and it worked.

Still looking for a fix for the multitask dock. I figure its similar to the shadows in coreservices somewhere. Any ideas on what the files would be called.

It also seems like I've messed up the color of the text of the doc icons. They're black now and tough to see. Any ideas?
    Last edited by md32903; 2010-08-07 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by md32903 View Post
    Yeah, I looked and it wasnt there. I ended up just changing the WallpaperIconDockShadow files and making them transparent in Photoshop instead of gray and SSHed em in and it worked.

Still looking for a fix for the multitask dock. I figure its similar to the shadows in coreservices somewhere. Any ideas on what the files would be called.

It also seems like I've messed up the color of the text of the doc icons. They're black now and tough to see. Any ideas?
    SwitcherIconShadow.png
    WallpaperIconDockShadow.png
    WallpaperIconDockShadowT.png

all in Bundles\com.apple.springboard

to remove all shadows from dock and muti task bar.
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone skater38053's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocky5 View Post
    SwitcherIconShadow.png
    WallpaperIconDockShadow.png
    WallpaperIconDockShadowT.png

all in Bundles\com.apple.springboard

to remove all shadows from dock and muti task bar.
    What do you mean Bundles/com.apple.springboard
    What's the first half of the file directory?

Quote Originally Posted by md32903 View Post

Still looking for a fix for the multitask dock.
    It's SwitcherIconShadow.png in

System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

Quote Originally Posted by skater38053 View Post
    What do you mean Bundles/com.apple.springboard
    What's the first half of the file directory?
    Oh, he is talking about if you set winterboard theme.

Yeah looks like the switcher files are the multitasking stuff

Thanks

I found the files. But how do you make them go away??

You just either delete the files or change the name ( ie add a"1" to the file name) in case u want it later

I made a quick WinterBoard theme for anyone that doesn't want to manually go and replace the files,

Here.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by seanG; 2010-08-07 at 11:34 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seanG For This Useful Post:

Amadomon (2010-08-11), VampireV (2010-08-15)

Thanks

Thanks!!!

I know this is kind of off topic but you guys/gals seem very smart. I downloaded a keyboard for use in winterboard but it doesn't work(kinda knew it wouldn't) how would I
    Minpulate it to get it wor work with my iphone4?
    Last edited by skater38053; 2010-08-07 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Oh,

Keyboards are tough. I don't think the keyboard tricks are working for iOS4 yet.

Part of the issue is winderboard is not really set up for iOS4/4g phone yet.
    But keyboards were complicated in the 3x version too.

Sorry

18. The Following User Says Thank You to galaxygrrl For This Useful Post:

jcarroll (2010-08-08)

Thanks

Dang. I guess I'll just have to wait.. I really don't want to overwrite system files,just yet

Dang. I guess I'll just have to wait.. I really don't want to overwrite system files,just yet.is there away to do that with the keyboard I downloaded. Like
    Pull them off of ssh and renaming them then putting them where the systems key board files are stored??
    Last edited by skater38053; 2010-08-08 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by galaxygrrl View Post
    Oh,

Keyboards are tough. I don't think the keyboard tricks are working for iOS4 yet.

Part of the issue is winderboard is not really set up for iOS4/4g phone yet.
    But keyboards were complicated in the 3x version too.

Sorry
    Thanks galaxygrrl. Is this why sliders and badges downloaded from Cydia and applied through WinterBoard don't yet work under iOS4?

Quote Originally Posted by seanG View Post
    I made a quick WinterBoard theme for anyone that doesn't want to manually go and replace the files,

Here.

Where would I go to add this in for Winterboard?? Sorry I'm a newb at this.

Using openssh, I've modified the .png files like said posts above but still have the squarish shadow around my 5 icon dock. Using the Glass orb theme.

TIA

Chris

*Edit* This is on iPhone4
    Last edited by Cman7482; 2010-08-08 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Left something out

And I made one for badges. Just switch out the badges to be one you want. Make sure the image size is 60x60 which means you need to double the sizes of the old badges.

Just look a couple posts down on this thread.

http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-th...es-please.html
    Last edited by galaxygrrl; 2010-08-08 at 08:40 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to galaxygrrl For This Useful Post:

Cman7482 (2010-08-08)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast