Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Shadow/Overlay in Dock and Multitasking Dock

Yeah, Skater asked me to put it up in blue. Glad you made it red. I really like that iscon. I should make a bunch of different colors and put it up in Cydia because I suspect people will like them.

Hmmm...weird. I worked in my 4g. Interesting. It should not be too small either, it's a little big. it's 130x122. OK, well if you want it let me know and I can fix it I guess.

Thanks

That's ok. I resized mine and edited the attachment above. I came across another folder icon that's better for my theme. I resized and darkened it.

Note: if you have a dark background, the folder icon won't look as dark as it does here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -foldericonbg-2x.png  

Quote Originally Posted by seanG View Post
    Can someone on an iPhone 4 test this? It should be universal now

here
    that works fine... your forgot 2 add one icon for the springboard apps. i copyied the "[email protected]" and renamed it into "[email protected]" then u got 4 files that work great.

The above methods including the theme Sean posted do get rid of the extra shadows on the docked icons, but what about undocked icons? I can't get rid of their shadows/backgrounds still.

Also what does the IconDarkeningOverlay do? That didn't appear to change anything when I added it in.

correction: I have been able to get rid of the shadows but what I'm trying to get rid of is the black button surrounding any icon with transparency.... any idea?
    Last edited by Glycereine; 2010-08-17 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've managed to dump all of my shadows, save one, and I'll be damned if I can figure out which one this one is. Please feel free to ignore the jaggys on some of my customizations...I'm still working on retina display stuff...they're rollovers from my 3GS.

If anyone can help with whatever shadow that is, I'd really appreciate it. I've changed every possible shadow file I could find (I think), by either appending a 1 at the end of the name, or changing it into a fully transparent image...this one remains. This shadow shows up when selecting the folder, btw, as it may not be clear what the action is that brings it up.

EDIT: And I'm ashamed to say that after I posted this, I figured out which item that was (and it doesn't have the word 'shadow' in it at all, which is why I couldn't find it).

That is IconDarkeningOverlay.png and [email protected]. Replacing that with a transparent png removed the shadow, or overlay.
    Last edited by Ron1n; 2010-08-23 at 03:22 AM.

how do i get rid of the shadow behind the dock?! can someone please help ive been looking for an answer for about 3 days! please help asap!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123