Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: is it possible to change the ios4 folder icon?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default is it possible to change the ios4 folder icon?
    can you change the ios4 folder icon into a custom icon? i want to change them like one would with the "categories" app. i don't want to use "categories" cause i like the interface of ios4 folders and its on the spot quickness.

i tried the winterboard theme method where you add an icon and name it to the folder, much like how buuf2 theme is formatted. no luck.

You can change the image of the folder icon. But each folder icon needs to look the same.

You can download woody folders from Cydia and use that as a model and just swap the files to be what you want. If you have a a 4g phone you need to add
    "@2x" right before the .png to the file name. So, think [email protected].

You can also change the background of the folder when its open. Just look at how woody did it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for the input, but i wanted a static icon. like the gears icon for "settings", i would use that icon for my system/ultilities folder. i also do not want the little miniature icons that shows for content.

but looking at your woody suggestion, it looks harder to do. because all folders would be represented by one universal icon.

hoping for new the edition of winterboard to implement this.

oh btw, the folder themes didn't work out of the box. and i did your "@2x" before the extension trick and go this.

Last edited by callmetuan; 2010-08-06 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost