Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weather Widget for iOS4

Default Weather Widget for iOS4
    Does anyone know where I can find a couple of weather widgets that will work with iOS4? I have googled unsuccessfully. I was hoping that I could find one with the weather and time.

Thank you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to anglin4trouble For This Useful Post:

chrisrotolo (2010-08-13)

I'm having the same trouble. I tried using a live weather background but all it does is just say "loading." I ended up downgrading to 3.1.3 to get it working, but if there is a fix, I'd like to be able to go back to 4.0.

you need to add in the location of all .js files so that means, appleAccuweatherStolen.js and yahooWeather.js must be added to the weather.html or Widget.html

Code:
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="Sources/appleAccuweatherStolen.js"/>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="Sources/yahooWeather.js"/>
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rocky5 For This Useful Post:

andrewb283 (2010-08-12), chrisrotolo (2010-08-13), ftlum (2010-08-20), lawyerz (2010-08-24)

hm. i'm not sure i understand. i have a yahooweather.js, a configureme.js, and a wallpaper.js. I looked in the wallpaper.html, and I found this in there:

<script type="text/javascript" src="configureMe.js"/>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="Wallpaper.js"/>
    do i still need to add the yahooweather.js?

aw dude! nevermind. that fixed it. thanks alot!
    Last edited by bgree15; 2010-08-07 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bgree15 For This Useful Post:

chrisrotolo (2010-08-13)

Np glad I could help.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rocky5 For This Useful Post:

chrisrotolo (2010-08-13)

Could you please explain this in terms that a newb like me can understand. I have edited html files before, I'm just not certain which file I need to edit and what needs to be added. Thanks!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to blikum For This Useful Post:

chrisrotolo (2010-08-13)

big thanks for this....
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

rocky5, I spend ages trying to get a fix for this. Thank you so, so much..

Quote Originally Posted by blikum View Post
    Could you please explain this in terms that a newb like me can understand. I have edited html files before, I'm just not certain which file I need to edit and what needs to be added. Thanks!
    SSH to var/stash/theme.XXX/yourtheme

Look for the main html file, should be something like weather.html/ widget.html etc. It was lockbackground.html for me.

Add the 3 lines of code rocky5 has provided into anywhere into the code, and thats it! save and respring.
    Last edited by lawyerz; 2010-08-24 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have an own modified Version of Weather Elements V3 on my iPhone with iOS4 which works fine. I recoded the whole script because it was (sorry to say so) lousy coded.

Only problem: It's not totally finished (reloading of the data on the Lockscreen after 10 Minutes does not work properly) but if you guys want it I can create a "beta-package" and give it out to you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey guys,
    I kinda need help with the weather widget in VistaPerfection 4.0.
    Iím really sorry but I am a noob...