Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why are all the themes not working for me in Winterboard

Default Why are all the themes not working for me in Winterboard
    Hi all!

I have my shiny new iPhone 4g and jail broke it two nights ago. I could get my old icons working thought an SSH install. However,
    I've download a bunch of themes to that are iphone 4g themes and nothing is working.

Here are a few examples

- No dock icon shadows
    - Woody Folders iOS4

Anyone have any thoughts? SummerBoard Mode is on in my winterboard.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The jailbreak has been out for 2 days. Winterboard still needs to be updated for iPhone 4 compatibility. Be patient.

lol...OK. That is what I thought, but it seemed to be working for others maybe they don't have a 4g?

Maybe you can help with this then.

(1) what is the file name to get rid of those dreadful shadows on my dock icons and where is it. ( I assume I can just change the file)

(2) How do I change the folder icon. and where do I put it. I made the icon already.

Thanks

Beth

There is a difference between themes made for iOS4 and the iphone 4. The iPhone 4 icons added "@2x" at the end of all the icon names and doubled the icon size. All themes, including those that are made for iOS4 need to be update to reflect the changed icon names and sizes.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mgregor For This Useful Post:

galaxygrrl (2010-08-05)

Cool! Ok, so if I SSH into the themes that are not working and add @2x to the file name, they should work?

That would be swell I have those shadow dock icons.