Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Changing carrier logo on Iphone 4?

Default Changing carrier logo on Iphone 4?
    Can anyone tell me how to change the carrier logo? Tried changing the usual png files which works on os 3.0 but nothing changes, i'm on O2.

Thanks

Look on cydia for an app called makeitmine. It will let u change the name of the carrier

Quote Originally Posted by primalscream.40 View Post
    Look on cydia for an app called makeitmine. It will let u change the name of the carrier
    Thanks for the reply but I want to change the logo not text, makeitmine only changes the text

I would like to know as well. I think it has to do with the new iPhone 4 naming convention.

Thanks

so would i, ive been lookn everywhere

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I changed mine in private -> var -> mobile -> Library -> Carrier Bundle.bundle. Then I had to change the file names to [email protected] and [email protected] Hope that helps you guys out. You also might want to make the image sizes bigger, they are really really small with the old image sizes.

Edit:: I did a little more digging in the files and it looks like the dimensions are 72 X 20.
    Last edited by ian_frs; 2010-08-03 at 10:03 PM.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ian_frs For This Useful Post:

bgattis (2010-08-04), darkknight75 (2010-08-04), Eagle_133 (2010-08-04), ricmac25 (2010-08-04), tellytel (2010-08-05), ufcsean (2010-10-29)

Thanks. This was driving me nuts.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Thanks. I hate not having my custom logo!

did this work for you guys? Ive tried it seven different ways from sunday and get no change.

haha, apparently the 8th way took although no wi need to weed out all the trial and figure out which one did it.
    Last edited by heavylox; 2010-08-05 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Anyone know where the us tmobile carrier logos are located?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

//System/Library/Carrier Bundles/.
    Hope this helps @kmmxracer

Quote Originally Posted by ian_frs View Post
    I changed mine in private -> var -> mobile -> Library -> Carrier Bundle.bundle. Then I had to change the file names to [email protected] and [email protected] Hope that helps you guys out. You also might want to make the image sizes bigger, they are really really small with the old image sizes.

Edit:: I did a little more digging in the files and it looks like the dimensions are 72 X 20.
    I have tried changing the O2 file in this location but it still haven't changed ;( any ideas?

Thanks in advance

I used the above method and renamed the file name to O2_UK/[email protected] and O2_UK/[email protected] and this has worked..not sure how or why adding @2x to the end on the filename makes a difference but it does.

happy modding
    Last edited by badmannie; 2010-08-08 at 10:18 AM. Reason: updating

Quote Originally Posted by Ginga Ninja View Post
    //System/Library/Carrier Bundles/.
    Hope this helps @kmmxracer
    I did find where to put them. It's in System/Library/Carrier Bundles/Unknown Carriers

This worked for me:

Code:
    <themename>.theme/Bundles/com.apple.O2_UK/[email protected]
    Better to reboot than respring to get working i found

Quote Originally Posted by mikezs View Post
    This worked for me:

Code:
    Better to reboot than respring to get working i found
    Anyone knows what will the equivalent file name be for Tmobile. Plz help

Adding the @2x worked for me- how in the world would someone just figure that out??

replaced my carrier logo but it only appears while im in apple, when i go to my home screens it goes back to ATT&T. any thoughts on this?

So do you just find those files and change the .pngs to the carrier logo i want?

Hey guys..maybe i can help..

I live in barbados and my carrier is digicel

so what i did was take my 2 carrier images [email protected] and [email protected] placed them in System/Library/Carrier Bundles/ATT_US

the trick i do is..go in cydia and download MakeItMine..install and change your carrier text to ATT..

respring and your carrier image should appear..good luck

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dont forget in MIM, type in your carrier name with the @2x for hi res (iPhone 4)

I created my PNG's and ssh'ed em to mycarrier.bundle with the @2x extension. I couldn't get them to show until I opened MIM and typed in [email protected], tapped the carrier location and voila! Nice new Hi-Res Fido carrier logo.
    Last edited by Delta420; 2010-08-12 at 05:58 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Delta420 For This Useful Post:

fistikal (2010-08-12)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast