Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Changing carrier logo on Iphone 4?

  1. #21
    good tip..i didnt realise that..definitely does look sharper..thanks man

  2. #22
    Running iOS4.0.1 on JB iPhone 4. I found mine under mobistar_be and was able to change them using the @2x.png extension. Then iTunes notified me of a carrier settings update (which I stupidly ran), and now it's gone from my sweet logo to the Mobistar text. I figured that the carrier settings update just wrote over my custom .png files, but when I ssh'd to check the Mobistar_be.bundle folder, mine were still in there. I also checked the Unknown carriers folder, as well as each and every numbered carrier bundle. All had my custom logos in them. I'd prefer not to use MIM to force it to Mobistar, because I want to know when I'm not on my home carrier, which happens pretty much every time I drive more than 100 km from home (Belgium is a small country!). Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!

    EDIT: Tried MIM, and the logo came right back. After using MIM to clear the carrier, it went back to the text. What am I missing here?

    Cheers,

    Chris

    FYI - good dimensions for the @2x logo are 75 x 40.
    Last edited by wernerc; 2010-08-14 at 01:20 AM. Reason: More information

  3. #23
    hey, do I i have to add @2x if im on an ipod touch 2g running ios4 or is that only for iphone 4?

  4. #24
    @2x is only for the 4g to account for the increased resolution of the retina display. So you have a lo- and a high-resolution version.

  5. #25
    I downloaded an Apple Logo and AT&T logo earlier today and finally got it to work by adding the 2x after the extension but it does not work perfectly. The icon is smaller than it should be. It's about half the size of the WiFi logo. Is there a fix for this or is it a problem with the current iOS 4.0.1? I noticed when people show a picture of their home screen, the logo's are the same size as the Wifi and bars. Just wondering, thanks.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by nygfan07 View Post
    I downloaded an Apple Logo and AT&T logo earlier today and finally got it to work by adding the 2x after the extension but it does not work perfectly. The icon is smaller than it should be. It's about half the size of the WiFi logo. Is there a fix for this or is it a problem with the current iOS 4.0.1? I noticed when people show a picture of their home screen, the logo's are the same size as the Wifi and bars. Just wondering, thanks.
    Hi, can you tell me where you downloaded the Apple Logo? Thanks!

  7. #27
    Just go to Cydia and search "AT&T Carrier Logo" and recently it has been updated for iOS 4. You might need to respring or reboot but it should be up. No need to go to WinSCP now.

  8. #28
    If I want to replace the original Mobistar carrier logo, do I have to put the new logos in this map: System\Library\Carrier Bundles\Mobistar_be.bundle?

    Because in the map Carrier Bundles I see a lot of other maps, some with numbers and others with names of providers.

  9. #29
    Hi

    Does anyone know where i could find the logos for Vodafone UK and also where i put them on the phone

    Thanks in advance!

  10. #30
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Bordyl View Post
    If I want to replace the original Mobistar carrier logo, do I have to put the new logos in this map: System\Library\Carrier Bundles\Mobistar_be.bundle?

    Because in the map Carrier Bundles I see a lot of other maps, some with numbers and others with names of providers.
    Just put it in there and rename your newly added logos with the original .png filenames..
    Should do the trick..

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by nygfan07 View Post
    I downloaded an Apple Logo and AT&T logo earlier today and finally got it to work by adding the 2x after the extension but it does not work perfectly. The icon is smaller than it should be. It's about half the size of the WiFi logo. Is there a fix for this or is it a problem with the current iOS 4.0.1? I noticed when people show a picture of their home screen, the logo's are the same size as the Wifi and bars. Just wondering, thanks.
    Yeah the @2x isn't making my logo any bigger either. It's barely noticeably on the phone. Any help would be appreciated or a link to a Fido Carrier Logo for the iphone 4.


  12. #32
    *****Bonzo***** Sanady361's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pennsyltucky
    Posts
    1,760
    Thanks
    1,338
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 737 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ekim31 View Post
    Yeah the @2x isn't making my logo any bigger either. It's barely noticeably on the phone. Any help would be appreciated or a link to a Fido Carrier Logo for the iphone 4.

    Check the dimensions of your image.. It should be 70x40

    I'm guessing the dimensions of your icon are ??x20

    Just adding the @2x gets it to show.. But the image has to be at twice the size the phone is displaying.

    Hope this helps!
    My latest theme - -

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanady361 View Post
    Check the dimensions of your image.. It should be 70x40

    I'm guessing the dimensions of your icon are ??x20

    Just adding the @2x gets it to show.. But the image has to be at twice the size the phone is displaying.

    Hope this helps!
    yeah the dimension are 51x18.. :/

    anyone have a link to a Fido Carrer Logo with x20 dimension?

    Thanks!!

  14. #34
    My iPhone is a Part of Me ufcsean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    599
    Thanks
    893
    Thanked 297 Times in 182 Posts

    I've tried for about 3 hours straight now and it's NOT working.

    T-Mobile UK is what I need it for.

    So frustrating :@

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta420 View Post
    Dont forget in MIM, type in your carrier name with the @2x for hi res (iPhone 4)

    I created my PNG's and ssh'ed em to mycarrier.bundle with the @2x extension. I couldn't get them to show until I opened MIM and typed in [email protected], tapped the carrier location and voila! Nice new Hi-Res Fido carrier logo.

    can you share the fido hiresolution logo plz

    thx

  16. #36
    i've found it if someone need it here it is in 92X30

    so just ssh and you're good to go
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0209.png  
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  17. #37
    Default i updated to 4.2.1 on iphone 4
    i updated to 4.2.1 on iphone 4 and i want to change the att logo i downloaded the MIM and its not changing it .... can someone help me im a noobie at this! thankss!

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by badmannie View Post
    I have tried changing the O2 file in this location but it still haven't changed ;( any ideas?

    Thanks in advance


    I used the above method and renamed the file name to O2_UK/[email protected] and O2_UK/[email protected] and this has worked..not sure how or why adding @2x to the end on the filename makes a difference but it does.

    happy modding
    Tried using bother methods and its changed it to a slightly smaller logo!

    Erm reread post and had same smaller proplem! Ive tired adding @2x on the end, changing the themes images names to the same, changing my carriers name to match the themes still nothing! I delete the carriers images and plaved my own is there anyway around this?
    Last edited by Samuel Son; 2010-12-08 at 05:12 AM.

  19. #39
    So this is how you should do it everyone! Follow the steps (a few of them here are screwed up no wonder many of you are confused)

    1. Make your 2 images (height - 40px)
    2. Name them [email protected] & [email protected]
    3. Copy and Paste the files to private -> var -> mobile -> Library -> Carrier Bundle.bundle
    4. Install & Run MakeItMine
    5. Type "ATT" without quotes and click the carrier at the top right (you should see your new logos now)
    6. Click respring

    Have a Nice DAY!
    Last edited by mythamp; 2010-12-13 at 12:28 AM.

  20. #40
    My iPhone is a Part of Me ufcsean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    599
    Thanks
    893
    Thanked 297 Times in 182 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mythamp View Post
    So this is how you should do it everyone! Follow the steps (a few of them here are screwed up no wonder many of you are confused)

    1. Make your 2 images (height - 40px)
    2. Name them [email protected] & [email protected]
    3. Copy and Paste the files to private -> var -> mobile -> Library -> Carrier Bundle.bundle
    4. Install & Run MakeItMine
    5. Type "ATT" without quotes and click the carrier at the top right (you should see your new logos now)
    6. Click respring

    Have a Nice DAY!
    Just tried that and what do ya know........it did NOT work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •